My kid want's to drive my 03

rdy2xlr8

Profesinal Pimp
Established Member
So my kid wants to drive my cobra but i'm not sure his ready he is only 15 he hasent got enough experence to drive the cobra yet.... 390hp is alot for a 15 year old kid.
and I don't know how to tell him i'm not going to let him drive my car.

What should I say?:shrug:

Last edited:

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ummmmmmmm try saying NO!?

lol im 16 and im waiting for my mom and dad to decide to buy me either a lightning or a mach 1 or even maybe a cobra. i know if i get the cobra i will have to be carefull to not get cocky and end up doing something stupid.

but back to your lil issure do you only have a cobra? i started driving our 97 f150 and upgraded to a 00 expedtion, i have experience driving stick shift but i stall it a few times. just let him drive the old beater if you have one or if you really wanna be a cool dad , teach him how to drive this cobra, that would be SWEEEEEEEET!!!

good luck on your decision.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ummmmmmmm try saying NO!?

lol im 16 and im waiting for my mom and dad to decide to buy me either a lightning or a mach 1 or even maybe a cobra. i know if i get the cobra i will have to be carefull to not get cocky and end up doing something stupid.

but back to your lil issure do you only have a cobra? i started driving our 97 f150 and upgraded to a 00 expedtion, i have experience driving stick shift but i stall it a few times. just let him drive the old beater if you have one or if you really wanna be a cool dad , teach him how to drive this cobra, that would be SWEEEEEEEET!!!

good luck on your decision.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
If I would have had that much power at 16, or hell even 18 I would be in the bone yard right now....

i8u

Established Member
Ask to see his driver's liscence.......

I would consider sending him to a high performance driving school when he turns 16. Let him get some expeariance in a safer enviornment. You could also put a gps in the car and keep track of his speed. Just be aware of the risk you are taking......Do you trust him?:beer:

ssssnake

Established Member
15? Not only no, but HELL NO!!!!

Believe me, I've lived through this. Had to hide the keys after we went to sleep at night. LOL He's 25 now, and I'm still a little leery of him driving the Cobra. He just got a ticket this morning - ole leadfoot. :shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
15? Not only no, but HELL NO!!!!

Believe me, I've lived through this. Had to hide the keys after we went to sleep at night. LOL He's 25 now, and I'm still a little leery of him driving the Cobra. He just got a ticket this morning - ole leadfoot. :shrug:
Couldn't have said it better myself Mary.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Haa, That brings back memories.. When I was 16 My dad bought a Boss 351 and my dad had the same attitude. Touch the car.. and you die.. But he did let me drive it 6 months later.

I backed it out of the driveway..... Into the garage..
What was that 15 feet.. But boy did it handle.

But I like i8u's advise.. That sounds reasonable

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dad let me drive the cobra when i was 16, with my permit, but thats cause i learned to drive on his old porsche. if you have a predator, let him drive it with the rev limiter set at 3500 rpm or something. or just tell him if he takes it above that he's grounded for a looooonnnng time. well, i now race the car with him at lacr at the young age of 17. bottom line, if you feel comfortable, let him. if not, well, he can wait.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Damn when I was 15 this was the only thing I was driving...

jrdrag.jpg

:lol1:

hj16

Established Member
Dont let him touch it. I had to work my way up to driving a Cobra, and I still think it happened too fast.

I started driving soon as I turned 15.

I drove a Ford Windstar and Expedition for 22months in all weather conditions. Downpours, Black ice, Snow, Blizzards, Sleet, Traffic, whenever the weather got really shitty my dad would have me take him out on a drive.

I got my first car (God Rest Her Soul) two months before my 17th birthday. I got it for good grades, not getting in trouble, not giving my parents any of the typical teenage bullshit, for becoming Eagle scout, and for not bugging the hell out of them for a car. I drove the GT for 10 months without a single ticket or accident, until I was rear-ended by a dumb bitch driving a Caravan. I was stopped making a left turn when she hit me doing 50mph. Car was totaled I went to the hospital, and was scared to death whenever I was in a car.

My parents asked me when I wanted to get a new car, but I didnt want to drive anymore. They continued to ask me about it for 3 weeks until I said I'd go look at some. My dad took me out and when I went to check out the GTs he told me to look at the Cobras. I was suprised as hell, and actually wanted to drive again. I told him all I wanted was a GT, but when the salesman asked he said he'd take the Cobra.

I've been driving the Cobra for 8 months without getting a single ticket, and havent gotten stupid while driving it. When I first got it I was scared of the power (coming from a modded GT), but after about 3 months I got used to it.

Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to show you that even with all the different types of driving (weather, SUV, Van, modded GT) the Cobra was still too much too soon. And I'd been driving for 32 months not 1 or 2 months.

Hide your keys from him, and dont let him drive it until you know that he is a capable driver with enough experience to handle it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread