My KB 3.6 with 4.0 only making 10 pounds??!!

svtmadman

Established Member
Need help, i just got my 3.6 on my car and shes only making 10 pounds of boost MAX. We thought bad guage but put on the manual and same results.

My mods include:

ARH Lt 1" 7/8 headers
Mac 3" exhaust
72lb injectors
CAI
3.73 gears

Whats my hold up? Shouldnt i be at 15+ boost?

Need help fast please.

Thanks in advance!
Shawn

CPRsm

Is the vacuum reading at idle low, like a boost leak ? Is it running rich, or are you tuning it right now ? So you see and powdered rubber in the engine bay from belt slip ?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
^^^^^^ all that and is the actuator sticking and not letting boost by. The one on my car was bad and it wouldnt show more than 8lbs. Was damaged in the shipment and the shaft was bent. Replaced it and straight to 16lbs.

Van@RevanRacing

I spoke with Shawn this afternoon. Classic vacuum leak. Needs a smoke check. The car is idle and drive lean and it's a Lund Tune. The guy that installed it even add 8% fuel and its still lean..........He should be hitting 15-17 lbs with this set up easy. It's sucking in major air somewhere or the boost wasn't routed properly.

Shawn, if we need to we can data log the car and look at some parameters to see what's happening.

Van

svtmadman

Established Member
Smoke checked the car and no leaks. Stuck at 10lbs still. Process of elimination we are going to put the smaller pulley on and see if the boost increases. I dont know what the end result will prove is my only concearn. Surely its not belt slip as i can see no dust from the belt. ME+CAR=NOT HAPPY

Any ideas?

Matt@KB

Established Member
Adding a smaller pulley isn't going to fix the problem. Did you make sure the valve isn't getting caught on the hose clamp? With the bypass locked open 2.8 and 3.6 will still make a significant amount of boost. When you say CAI, is it the KB CAI with throttle body?

rdsnk46

Established Member
O-ring between the blower and base plate in place? You have a vacuum pump? You can test the boost bypass.

mixxer

Established Member
Did you make sure the valve isn't getting caught on the hose clamp? With the bypass locked open 2.8 and 3.6 will still make a significant amount of boost. When you say CAI, is it the KB CAI with throttle body.

Thats my guess seen it a hundred times.

svtmadman

Established Member
I just spoke to my guy and he says the directions left out a "bolt grinding" suggestion. The written instructions have no mention of this but the EMAILED do. May have the blower kicked a hair.

svtmadman

Established Member
Adding a smaller pulley isn't going to fix the problem. Did you make sure the valve isn't getting caught on the hose clamp? With the bypass locked open 2.8 and 3.6 will still make a significant amount of boost. When you say CAI, is it the KB CAI with throttle body?

Correct' It is the KB/EVO CAI...im not at his shop but he's pretty sharp so i hope we can get through this today.

Users who are viewing this thread