My KB 2.6L mysteriously grew....

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Yep my 2.6 grew right before my very eyes! I wouldn't have believed it otherwise! So immediately I setup an appointment with Jon Lund to check it out on Evolution's state of the art Mustang Dyno. We knew something was up because she was reading 2 more pounds of boost, boost ramped up quicker, on the 3rd pull she loosened a strap, and raised Jon up off the seat.., and by the 4th pull she was reading 706/702 SAE corrected MD #'s,.....the conclusion was my 2.6L had grown into a 2.8HO.....:rolling:

The 706/702 #'s were achieved with 25.7 lbs of boost, 22.75 timing, 11.6 - 11.7 a/f, 112 leaded race gas, and Jon Lund's SCT tune..

The previous best with the 2.6 (non H) was 636/655 (same mustang dyno) on 2lbs less of boost.

Ok - Ok - so it didn't exactly grow before my eyes. I sent the 2.6 off to KB for some R&R. To make a long story short I messed the front seal up. The folks at KB replaced the seal, rebuilt the drive, & re-sealed the front cover - all under warantee!! And they turned it around in 1.5 days. I couldn't have asked for any better customer service...:beer: So as the 2.6 was on it's way back the mod demon said I had to put a 2.8HO on 'er or he'd break my half-shaft..:fm: & then he called my buddy up and told him he had to buy my 2.6 or he'd break his half-shaft again!! We had no choice - :dw:

A big thanks to Evolution performance for hooking me up with the 2.8HO..:rockon:

Here is the dyno graph..there is a vid of the dyno floating around somewhere..hint..hint..(fred)..

July13th2.8HDyno.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow. That is amazing, can't wait to see the thing destroy MIR.

EFA vs. MACA part II, MACA is ready...

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Awesome to hear the news. Great to hear about the customer service as well.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Awesome Matt! Looking forward to seeing this beast. Going to Capital anytime soon to test her out?

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
A bit more than the 50hp or so that one was expecting. Time for some 9 sec slips in the glove box now.

Well we gotta take off about 25/25 due to making 2 more pounds of boost with the 2.8H - so it's close to 50....

TRBO VNM said:
very nice matt. who's your friend with the 2.6 now? :D:

I'm not allowed to say or he'd break my half-shaft too! But the 2.6 did stay within the MACA...:rockon:

heytonyman said:
Finally someone who's putting the 2.8H to good use! Can't wait to see it fly Matt!

Tony

It was being there and watching Tommy run his 9.94 & 9.95 with the 2.8H, with Jon Lund saying how impressed he was with the 2.8H blowers he had tuned, along with that mod demon that made me do it...;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread