My Hellion TT Cobra race gas dyno video

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
This was on the local dyno before we left for KOTS last week. The dyno actually reads .5#'s of boost when in atmosphere, so it reads a bit high. My eboost read 28.7#'s on this pull. This was also on c-16 and meth through an 01 Cobra intake that really doesn't help peak numbers. I think I could have gotten close to 1100 if I was running a Sullivan intake.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u2-fluh29A"]YouTube - Race gas dyno.wmv[/nomedia]

Venimus03

Established Member
Did that say 985? NICE! Can't wait to see some new track times! :beer:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Did that say 985? NICE! Can't wait to see some new track times! :beer:
Thanks. If you watch it in HD you can see it better. I made 991 at KOTS on Friday. I actually turned it down for our 2 track passes though. Didn't want to break anything. I need to get it to a rental to get the launch down. We didn't get any time trials and had to hot lap for KOTS, so my 2 step was set too low. on 23 ish #'s of boost I got a 2.0 60' and went 11. @ 143! haha
holy titties!!
that thing comes alive and looks sinister as hell
Thanks. We took it out on the street the night before the KOTS dyno day to make sure it was running good, and when you roll into 4th at 80 mph it is unreal. It felt like when I had the KB on the car from a stop.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Nice 143 is moving! Congrats on getting the car back together and running strong.

Think about that Friday rental at MIR that I posted. Thats all I will be working on is the first 330 feet!

Later

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Nice 143 is moving! Congrats on getting the car back together and running strong.

Think about that Friday rental at MIR that I posted. Thats all I will be working on is the first 330 feet!

Later

Since we turned it up the car started blowing smoke on the shifts. I'm gonna try a Crank case evac pump to see if excessive crank case pressure is keeping the oil return pump from keeping up with the oil from the turbos. Once I get that straight, I will be hitting a rental somewhere. Gotta get rid of my dyno queen nickname! haha

Here is the smoky ass pass.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65778ok-LE"]YouTube - 11.0_142.MP4[/nomedia]

TRBO VNM

is that on stock manifolds?

so you got all the bugs worked out from the old motor? ever figure out what was giving you fits?

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
is that on stock manifolds?

so you got all the bugs worked out from the old motor? ever figure out what was giving you fits?

Yes, stock manifolds. It seems to be running strong now. I think it was a combination of low compression, valves not sealing, and needing to shim the springs.

TRBO VNM

oh man, you know you can make so much more power with tubular headers right. lol

I still find that thread on the other site hilarious.

good for you. glad it is all coming together Shane. :beer:

RussZTT

Established Member
Nice! What size turbos are you running? Stock motor? What clutch are you running? I am shopping for a clutch now for my setup...

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Nice! What size turbos are you running? Stock motor? What clutch are you running? I am shopping for a clutch now for my setup...

They are the normal hellion 61 mm turbonetics. the motor is .020 over Teksid block wih cobra crank, oliver billet rods, and Diamond 9.1-1 pistons on stage 2 ported heads and custom turbo cams from Modular Performance. The clutch is a Mcleoud RXT twin disk. Best clutch I've ever driven period!

RussZTT

Established Member
They are the normal hellion 61 mm turbonetics. the motor is .020 over Teksid block wih cobra crank, oliver billet rods, and Diamond 9.1-1 pistons on stage 2 ported heads and custom turbo cams from Modular Performance. The clutch is a Mcleoud RXT twin disk. Best clutch I've ever driven period!
Ya I was afraid of how the clutch will be. That was the one I was considering, so it feels like stock? How much did you get it for? Thats the size turbos I have now with a .30 over Teksid with the stock crank, rods and CP Pistons.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Ya I was afraid of how the clutch will be. That was the one I was considering, so it feels like stock? How much did you get it for? Thats the size turbos I have now with a .30 over Teksid with the stock crank, rods and CP Pistons.

It is lighter than stock. Lethal lists it for $900, but I got mine a little cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread