My heart is broken....

SpittingCobra

Established Member
if you burned one piston you should be able to replace just one. if it scored the cylinder walls on just one cylinder from the wasted rings. you should be able to bore out the sleeve and install a new sleeve. everything will need to be removed, inspected, and weighed. Sounds like a typical rebuild to me. I wouldn't abandon all hope in your short block. By the way you are describing the situation you shouldn't think the whole engine block is toast!?

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Im pretty sure 2 are bad; however, the detonation happened at very low rpm and speed....I mean like 3000 rpm and 25 mph. I either have a ring or ringland failure as I have a 30 psi compresion test in one cylinder and 60 in another cylinder. The rest all test out fine at 160+. No leakdown test yet. I talked to Bart Tobener and he feels confident that the bores will be salvagable. I've got to fix the fuel issue and get it going and then limp it to Atlanta somehow. The benefit of going with true pro's is that they stand behind what they do and are really willing to help me out now. It's a lot less painful than it could be...just gotta be patient I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread