My GT500 and a couple of mods.

RockStarKick

Established Member
Man now you got me thinking about the side stripes too! Hmmmm. I have sterling gray with red stripes. What do you guys think? I even thought about yanking all of them off. Hmmmm....

Btw i have the 315/35/20 nitto nt05rs and they are pretty awesome for a 20" dr!

Do you have those on the stock wheel ?

RockStarKick

Established Member
That's how I understood it. In for pics :pop:

Here are a few of the Drag radials installed, this is while getting my windows tinted. The tires are Nitto NT555R. 305/35/20. Post tint pics to follow.

image_zps19426c32.gif

image_zpsbfccbd5d.gif

image_zpse4582061.gif

image_zpsd12a9176.gif

RockStarKick

Established Member
tires look like they fit good to me!

They fit just fine, they look beefy on the factory wheels, I haven't gotten on it yet to see if they hook. Soon. Soon.

One interesting thing, when the tire guy was removing the factory tires, I noticed that the factory wheels have a knurled surface where the tire beads into the rim.

ILW84U

Established Member
One interesting thing, when the tire guy was removing the factory tires, I noticed that the factory wheels have a knurled surface where the tire beads into the rim.

That's because Ford found that the tires were rotating on the rims at high speed.

impactblue

Established Member
be careful!!

Last week I put thpse exact tires on the rear of my '13 cobra and the results are a broken axle spyder gear and carrier. Dont over do it man. Its not worth it :(

RockStarKick

Established Member
Last week I put thpse exact tires on the rear of my '13 cobra and the results are a broken axle spyder gear and carrier. Dont over do it man. Its not worth it :(

How would the tires cause that type of failure ? Drivetrain shock ? I've seen a lot of other guys running DR's and no such thing has happened. Just curious.

impactblue

Established Member
The car hooked to hard (2 weeks ago I wouldnt of said that was possible) just hit the gas and all I heard was a loud ass pop and the car didnt go anywhere. I almost threw up all over myself. Brand new car 100% stock. Im thinking maybe it was a freak accident but my stock tires are going back on :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread