My GT350 Quality Woes...

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
My hood is higher on one side where it meets the front facia.

It meets the fender perfectly in the front but as it slopes down to the front facia its about 3/8's of inch of not being flush.

My tech at the body shop was going to apply heat to bend the "plastic" up so that it would raise the front up a hair .... only issue with that is that "plastic" is called fiber carbon and I told him this ..... dont think you can heat carbon fiber up and bend it a bit ...... I believe it would break or crack

I dont think I am going to mess with it because I am afraid of making it worse .... I didnt catch it until after I bought the car and hell ..... I work at the store where I bought it and saw the car sitting for a week before I pulled the trigger. Just missed it !

if you look at my picture below .... the car's right side your left, the hood matches the fender perfectly but as the hood travels down across the headlamp and meets the front bumper .... that first few inches meshing .... the hood as described above is a tad high

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
anyone here have an RV? you can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a coach, but unless it's a Newell or Prevost, it's going to turn into junk after 10 years.. the name brand behind the product matters, especially in the category of quality.. if this were not true, car companies wouldn't be trying to diversify their brands to make them not look like the "cheaper" ones.. the Infiniti QX56 and Nissan Armada comes to mind.. 10 years ago the only difference was a painted cowl, wheels, and an air bag cover..

I have an RV (2015 Winnebago 36 ft). I have to disagree with the junk after 10 years statement. The Prevost and Newell are in a whole different class than most luxury RV's. Those two should be be more price/ quality compared to your super exotic cars (Bugatti, Lambo's, etc.) for cars. The last Prevost I looked at was $1.7 million.
Newmars, Tiffins and Winnebagos, to name a few, make very nice luxury models for much less ($300k) that have been time tested well past 10 years and are not junk. I plan to buy a 40ft. diesel luxury Winnebago or Newmar RV in 2-3 years trading in my 36 foot.
The so called "junk models" are most likely an entry level RV that was not cared for properly and/ or stored outside. When you think about it, an RV is used to live in with all the amenities of home on the road. Quality is partly relevant to weight capacities of the RV which is dictated by a gas or diesel motor RV.
Seems your analogy would make all other vehicles below a super exotic level as junk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
I have an RV (2015 Winnebago 36 ft). I have to disagree with the junk after 10 years statement. The Prevost and Newell are in a whole different class than most luxury RV's. Those two should be be more price/ quality compared to your super exotic cars (Bugatti, Lambo's, etc.) for cars. The last Prevost I looked at was $1.7 million.
Newmars, Tiffins and Winnebagos, to name a few, make very nice luxury models for much less ($300k) that have been time tested well past 10 years and are not junk. I plan to buy a 40ft. diesel luxury Winnebago or Newmar RV in 2-3 years trading in my 36 foot.
The so called "junk models" are most likely an entry level RV that was not cared for properly and/ or stored outside. When you think about it, an RV is used to live in with all the amenities of home on the road. Quality is partly relevant to weight capacities of the RV which is dictated by a gas or diesel motor RV.
Seems your analogy would make all other vehicles below a super exotic level as junk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you have a 2015, wait til 2025 and reevaluate the RV... there are some exceptions (Bluebird school buses come to mind) but they are only repeating what the big guys are doing.. when it comes to automobiles and trucks, they are more accessible to the general public so manufacturers have time and resources to adapt their platforms to engineering problems..

Ohio Snake

Established Member
you have a 2015, wait til 2025 and reevaluate the RV... there are some exceptions (Bluebird school buses come to mind) but they are only repeating what the big guys are doing.. when it comes to automobiles and trucks, they are more accessible to the general public so manufacturers have time and resources to adapt their platforms to engineering problems..

I won't have it then as I will upgrade to a Newmar or Grand Tour. Our current is three years old and still looks brand new because we take care of it. I'll take you on a bet for ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread