My Gen 2R install and dyno #'s

merkyworks

Established Member
Finally got around to installing my Gen 2R and thought I would share some install pics and dyno results.

Talking off the stock blower was pretty easy.
IMG_2924.JPG
Car was all stock with 12K miles when I got it, first thing I did was put on a passenger side oil separator and you can see there was still a good amount of oil in the blower.
IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2922.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2932.JPG

Installing the Gen 2R was pretty easy with the exception of the EGR valve not wanting to align properly with the larger intake plenum. You can definitely tell intake plenum is larger as its almost touching the firewall.
IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2907.JPG IMG_2999.JPG

After that the car was taken to Kinetik Motorsports to have LT headers installed and then remote tuned by Lund.
IMG_7634.PNG IMG_7628x.JPG
Car made 672 rwhp / 647 rwt, with only the 2.5" pulley and we were seeing 19psi near the end. The blue line is when the car was 100% stock. Here is a video of the final run on the dyno.
Car drives super smooth and unless you get into boost it drives like stock, I'm very happy with the results! A big thank you to Mitchell / Josh at Kinetik Motorsports for labor / tech support and Lund for tuning.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP what mufflers? Stock?

I like how it's not obnoxiously loud with the ORX and long tubes.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. Too easy to make reliable power with that car. Enjoy!

merkyworks

Established Member
Thanks everyone! Future plans are suspension and better traction cause it's a tire destroyer now.

OP what mufflers? Stock?
Yes stock mufflers, ARH 1-7/8" to 3" collector, 3" to 2.75" OR X-pipe, stock rest of the way back.

Going to drive this setup for a few more weeks but it's a little raspy for my liking. Thinking to install some race bullet mufflers before the axles to tone it down a bit but will wait and see.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Might consider an H pipe, should get that rumble back.

Still gotta install my Dynatechs. Cant wait ro get rid of the logs!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Solid numbers, It will make a little more when its colder out. Are you on 91

sleek98

Established Member
With just a 2.5" it seems right on track. He doenst list a lower pulley or E85. With those 2 additions it would be in the mid 700s.

Users who are viewing this thread