My first track with the 03 Cobra!

03VenomBite

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQMGVUjXSY"]YouTube- 03 Cobra vs. 2008 300C SRT8[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWs0sQCHaM"]YouTube- Pulley Cobra vs. KB Lightning[/nomedia]

shftn6

mystichrome vert.
Established Member
Get some more practice, tires, and, launch a little higher and i wouldnt be surprised if you get a 12.7 or better.:thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Easily! Pretty nice first time effort. Post up future times so we can chart your improvements. :)

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Put some heat in those tires and get a good launch.

I dunno what tires you are running but it takes a good 5-10 second 2nd gear burnout to get my et streets hot enough to hook. You can normally tell when you start rolling out of the burnout and it's hooking out of the water box.

Once you get it to hook in first play with the launch until you are spinning off the line and lower just a hair. My best runs have been spinning off the line. At least then I know there will be no wheel hop. The car will straighten out when you hit 2nd.

NateV8

Established Member
With some practice you should be in the low 12s and maybe high 11s without changing anything at all on your car, other than the tire pressure. Most people here will say you need DRs but even with shitty street tires a good driver could get a pullied Cobra to around 12.0's.

03VenomBite

Established Member
Thanks for the comments and encouragement, the track we were at wasn't taking care of the track. I have posted many threads in here to see what I would need to get out of the hole but not to many replys! But a second gear burnout? I have never done that. The car lickes to slide sidways after a little while thats why I do the short burnouts.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
That mph is really really low for a pullied cobra. You were shifting pretty decent too so i'm a little confused.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Good runs for your first couple times at the track! Love the blower sound! Man, that track tech is soft though, no helmet with a passenger! No wonder its not well taken care of lol. You must have to sign your life away to run there lol. Also, dont worry about the low trap speed. I have seen my cousin in his built blown mach 1 trap almost 10 mph slower on hotter days. And as far as the launch on street tires, I have found that its better to launch hard when the clutch starts to engage at idle rather the slip the clutch at higher rpms. Thats just me though.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Guys, remember that he is in North Dakota so I wonder what the D/A is at the track.

I would agree with above, you need to do your burnout outside the water box so every revolution rids the water from the tread without picking up more.

OP, what are your shift points? It seemed as though you short shifter 1-2 while running the lightning.

Last edited:

03VenomBite

Established Member
Guys, remember that he is in North Dakota so I wonder what the D/A is at the track.

I would agree with above, you need to do your burnout outside the water box so every revolution rids the water from the tread without picking up more.

OP, what are your shift points? It seemed as though you short shifter 1-2 while running the lightning.

We did a corrected time for my temp and elevation and it was a 12.7 or something like that!

And yes I was short shifting 1-2 second because the car would spin at the top of 1st. I heated the tires more and that solved that problem. I had on old old NT555r's and had new ones on the way but didn't get here until the day after the track!

I would shift at 6300-6500 rpms, just before redline or I would hit redline and then say shit then shift!

Last edited:

03VenomBite

Established Member
Hey guys thanks alot for looking and commenting and giving me some things to try I think that I will have to take a pen and paper to write down all the things to try and see what works best at my local track!

03VenomBite

Established Member
Agreed... I have about the same mods and trap 117 with a DA of 3100ft.

My highest trap speed was 109.4 and the track wasn't taken care very well, we got to do what we wanted and there was a lot of street tires just trearing up what we had down for compound! And they didn't lay down compound more then two times all weekend!:bash:

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
My highest trap speed was 109.4 and the track wasn't taken care very well, we got to do what we wanted and there was a lot of street tires just trearing up what we had down for compound! And they didn't lay down compound more then two times all weekend!:bash:

My track times are from Pittsburgh raceway park... known for it's piss poor management and track prep.

03VenomBite

Established Member
My track times are from Pittsburgh raceway park... known for it's piss poor management and track prep.

Well I hope to get faster next month at the track it should be cooler and I have heard that the track will be better taken care of from a few different peoplel. The complaints have been pooring in and they promise to do better next month!:banana:

03VenomBite

Established Member
loose the passanger might do even better.

Only had passenger for the one run you see here! The other runs that I have besides these two, will be put in one whole video I hope soon. A friend said that he would cut a video of the weekend for me!:rockon: Not sure if he remembers that he said that though?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread