My first rifle

liter of cola

Established Member
image.jpeg

Springfield m1a loaded, unfortunatly with a plane barrel because nys believes flash suppressors and muzzlebreaks kill people.

image.jpeg

50 yards w/ cheap aguila 7.62x51mm and stock iron sights. Im gonna paint my front sight white with some duracoat to improve visibility i also may ad an eotech, or one of my dads old scopes.

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
That's a badass first rifle lol a friend of mine use to bring his M1A to the range with us before he sold it. That rifle shot like a dream

4a7191a

Established Member
Sweet first gun purchase op. Couldn't of made a wiser choice the m1a's are super reliable badass guns. Hunting or home protection use too.

bglf83

Established Member
Damn, nice first rifle. I picked up a scout a couple months back but it was not my first.

liter of cola

Established Member
I love it, how much did it run you?

A nice little mom and pop shop in middletown ny got it for me, my price was $1725

Damn, nice first rifle. I picked up a scout a couple months back but it was not my first.

I kinda wish i had the scout, the medium profile barrel on the loaded models means you have very limited forward mounting options for a rail.

liter of cola

Established Member
sweet^..... I was thinking about that rail system too but I don't like the part that extends over the receiver. you runnin a cheek riser? that aimpoint is real high for the standard stocks. I wish I lived in free state so I could rock a sage ebr stock. but, according to NY pistol grips kill people.

I just picked up the SEI 7" receiver mounted rail. will be installing it soon.

Last edited:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Great choice. An M1A was my first rifle as well! It's fun to take to an indoor range and watch people look down to see what kind of rifle is shooting a 1 foot flame out the front.

21keakp.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 73806

Springfield m1a loaded, unfortunatly with a plane barrel because nys believes flash suppressors and muzzlebreaks kill people.

View attachment 73807

50 yards w/ cheap aguila 7.62x51mm and stock iron sights. Im gonna paint my front sight white with some duracoat to improve visibility i also may ad an eotech, or one of my dads old scopes.

Nice placement! I've been surprised with the placements (very close to yours in that photo) with my S&W Shield at 35'. Better than at 25' and 20'. Go figure. Going back to the range again on Friday. Can't wait!

Any plans for another rifle? Enjoy your M1a. Looks really nice. I'd like to own at least one rifle, so maybe next year I'll snag one. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread