My first "old car"...

mustang addict

Established Member
Some of you guys might remember me talking about losing a very, very dear friend of mine last year to cancer. We worked on cars together, hung out together, and he was a mentor to me beyond measure. Well, his wife got his estate dealt with and I was fortunate enough to end up with his '70 Roadrunner:

roadrunnerrear.jpg

Roadrunnerfront.jpg

Original 383 that came in the car is sitting on an engine stand. Car has a built 496 in it right now. Car is straight as an arrow. I'll probably do nice brakes, suspension, wheels, 6 speed and convert it to EFI. But all in due time, too many other projects right now. It just feels good to have this reminder of my dear friend in a safe place.

Last edited:

03DSGGT

Established Member
Great looking car. Good to see another fellow Mopar guy. Im restoring a 68 Charger R/T with the matching numbers 440/727. The car is factory black with special order dark green top and interior. My uncle had a 70 road runner that he bought new and that has always been my dads dream car. So after the Charger is done we will be picking up a 70 RR as well...pops and I are die hard old school muscle Mopar fans...

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Good things happen to good people..:beer:

Roadrunner is one of my favorite cars of all time.. LOVE ole school Mopars. That was my first car in high shcool....

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Mopar or no car! Here is my dads RR

Last edited:

SilvGT

Established Member
that's very cool you ended up with it, nice looking car. i would love to get an older muscle car someday.

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
Very sorry to hear about your friend. Good to know there are people out there that still cherish friendships. Nice car bud!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Wow Tony, awesome old car! Sorry you lost a good friend but it's good to see you'll always have something to remember him by.

Keep us posted on the plans and progress!

dads01dream

Established Member
Sad story, but with a happy outcome..... Keeping the memory of dead loved ones alive is AWESOME! My Vette is a rolling tribute to my dad (his dream car for over 36 years), lost him to cancer in 2001.

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Sorry about your friend...

Post cars are sweet and B5 Blue is one of the best colors! I'd lose the GTX treatment on the tail panel and add some 15/8 and 15/7 Rallyes. Was never a go-wing guy either. 496 has got to be sweet! Passon Performance is coming out with a new 5-speed based on an A833. It's rated to 1000 lb/ft. and bolts in directly- the only way to go IMO... six speeds suck in B Bodies. Please keep it original looking and don't succumb to the dumb pro-touring fad!

f2hatch

Established Member
beautiful car. sorry you had to get in the way you did.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your friend, but it's cool that you were able to get his car though. You'll love the old RR. I'm restoring a '68 Charger R/T also......these old Mopars are great fun and they have something about them that the other manufacturers just couldn't touch back then, IMO. Mopar nailed it.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
That's great man, sorry to hear about your friend, but im sure he would be happy it went to someone who is going to take good care of it

Users who are viewing this thread