My first oil change...What oil do you guys use??

SilverCoyote

Established Member
deadhorse... I run Royal Purple 10w40 and if by chance someone local carries RP they NEVER have 10w40. I just order it from Amazon, not sure if you would get killed with shipping or not, but it's an idea. A couple clicks and it's on my porch a few days later.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If your going to run Mobile 1, get the extended life. Not to run longer, it just has a better set of additives and it's only like $1 more for a 5qt jug. That's what I'm currently running - but I believe Amsoil SS is the best oil money can buy, I just need to order some. Also - I've read (I think in an old thread here) that the "base" Royal Purple they sell at auto stores really isn't that great.

Edit - also don't go cheap on the filter, either Mobile 1 or Motorcraft. There is some sort of backflow spring? that the cheap filters don't have. There are more theads about it on here if you search.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Been using Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w20 since I owned the car

had blackstone lab do an oil analysis last year and it came back as above average and in good condition after a seasons worth of driving.

I see no reason to change and as long as Walmart carries mobil 1 that's what I'll use.

Users who are viewing this thread