My first ford ever, 2014 gt500

Troy1999

Established Member
I had 3 corvettes before this, a c5, c6 z06, and c7 z06. All amazing cars with crazy capabilities. We have 2 kids and found myself not using the c7 much. Passed on the zl1s, just don’t like the way they look. This gt500 is a blast to drive and the whole family enjoys it!
IMG_8440.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome aboard. Heres a very recent thread with some good cliff notes about the 13/14

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance. And congratulations on buying that good looking black GT-500. Any mods?

Troy1999

Established Member
Welcome to SVTPerformance. And congratulations on buying that good looking black GT-500. Any mods?

It has not been modified at all. Has 6400 miles on it. To be honest, it is too powerful for the goodyear f1 tires that come stock. Tires will be a must soon. I was thinking Nittos, suggestions?? Thank you!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It has not been modified at all. Has 6400 miles on it. To be honest, it is too powerful for the goodyear f1 tires that come stock. Tires will be a must soon. I was thinking Nittos, suggestions?? Thank you!

Congrats man, awesome color combo, and yes upgrad to a set of 315/35R20 Nitto NT05R drag radials, you'll love them.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
i daily and Michelin AS3 have been god send, even tracked on them once wasn’t bad. I think they have new “summer / season” tires too that are supposed to be even better.

RockChalk

Established Member
i daily and Michelin AS3 have been god send, even tracked on them once wasn’t bad. I think they have new “summer / season” tires too that are supposed to be even better.
I don't daily drive ours, but I can second how good the Michelin A/S3+ tires are. I like to drive some below 40 degrees, so the Michelins are a must.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I don't daily drive ours, but I can second how good the Michelin A/S3+ tires are. I like to drive some below 40 degrees, so the Michelins are a must.
I’m retiring mine soon (not that it matters im up to 85k anyway) but since we’re building In north GA and I want to do fall runs up the parkway I’m going AS3 for life!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man, awesome color combo, and yes upgrad to a set of 315/35R20 Nitto NT05R drag radials, you'll love them.

Id really like to try a pair but the sound of road debris being picked up and thrown at the underside ..... well, it bugs me :)

I’m retiring mine soon (not that it matters im up to 85k anyway) but since we’re building In north GA and I want to do fall runs up the parkway I’m going AS3 for life!

How soon till you make the move? You'll be very close to ProDyno in South Carolina

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Id really like to try a pair but the sound of road debris being picked up and thrown at the underside ..... well, it bugs me :)

How soon till you make the move? You'll be very close to ProDyno in South Carolina
hoping house is done feb - ill be out of law school in May so around then. My wife is going ahead of me and ill likely have it garaged once house is done and daily something “responsible”. I’d love to see what it Dynos after 84k HARD miles.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member

Car looks mint! Congrats.
About tires. Drag radials are good at one thing, straight line traction on the dry. And I know how much it rains in Louisiana. DR’s also feel laterally squishy in a corner.
Consider Toyo 888. Even in the stock size. They hook as good as a DR, feel 100% in corners at speed & are actually driveable on the wet if you don’t get crazy. Trust me, a DR on the wet is exactly like driving on ice.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I was gonna make mention of that. Im a big supporter on R888s. Safe for pop up showers if you stow the careless driving style
I run Michelin up front
(Photo whore moment)
Car looks mint! Congrats.
About tires. Drag radials are good at one thing, straight line traction on the dry. And I know how much it rains in Louisiana. DR’s also feel laterally squishy in a corner.
Consider Toyo 888. Even in the stock size. They hook as good as a DR, feel 100% in corners at speed & are actually driveable on the wet if you don’t get crazy. Trust me, a DR on the wet is exactly like driving on ice.
IMG_20210924_150439_905.jpeg
IMG_20210924_150439_976.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread