My experience with Matt @ DTD

mystical

Established Member
I just wanted to let everyone know what a pleasure it was dealing with Matt @ DTD. Great customer service goes a long way and Matt goes above and beyond to satisfy his customers. Aside from having the best prices around, Matt is very helpful and knowledgeable and works with you every step of the way to ensure a smooth transaction. I can't even count the number of emails, phone calls and private messages he sent me during our transaction. Matt is a stand up guy and we are very lucky to have him here at SVTP. I will not hesitate to deal with him again in the future and recommend him for all of your wheel and tire needs. :rockon:

Happy Easter everyone!:beer:

totheduals

Established Member
I'm going to second that!^^^^^^
Just got my order from Matt a little over a week ago and being from Canada was a little worried about extra expences. But DTD was not a penny more! Very friendly and willing to go the extra mile everytime I talked to him.
Thanks Matt and DTD, I will be dealing again with you!

Canadain Kid enjoying the new NT-01's!!!!!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I really appreciate you guys taking the time to post your experiences. It means a lot to me and your words will travel far. I'm here to help :dancenana: Any chance we can get some pics from you guys?

Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
I'll throw in my "thumbs up" for Matt, too.

Great service, great communication, and my purchase was PAINLESS. To me, thats what its all about. The easier the better.

I bought Yokohamas, which you don't see many, if any at all, on the Cobras here on SVT.

Tires will be here today..I'll be posting some pics up soon.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Thanks for the kind words Danny. I was actually just in a Yokohama F&B meeting and I thought of your application. I know the Advan Sport will serve you well! Keep us posted.

staydog1

Established Member
Discount

Hello Matt,

I'm wondering what type of discount I could get, if one, for the purchase of 2ea BF Goodrich 315/35/17 DR tires? I have an appt to purchase a pair on 22 Apr from Discount Tires out of Cary, NC.

Thanks for the assistance.

R.C.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hello Matt,

I'm wondering what type of discount I could get, if one, for the purchase of 2ea BF Goodrich 315/35/17 DR tires? I have an appt to purchase a pair on 22 Apr from Discount Tires out of Cary, NC.

Thanks for the assistance.

R.C.

Thanks for the post R.C.!

We currently do not offer any set discounts for forum members. We guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry for everyone. Unlike many of our competitors, we do not inflate our prices just to offer a discount to a select group.

Here at Discount Tire Direct, we are the mail order service of Discount Tire Co. Shipping through us is free to the lower 48 States and Canada and product is usually delivered to your front door within 2-3 business days (lower 48). Here's a link with our current cost on the tires you have set up...

Our local stores are also pretty good about matching our online price if we are cheaper.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
need help Matt

I'm looking to purchase either 19's or 20 inch True Forged wheels. 9.5 (f) with an 11.0 (rear) width wheel. However, I need your help on the tires.

Note-The car is lowered on Steeda springs. Front 1.2 and rear has a drop of 1.5, not that big of a deal, I think.

1) If I run the 19's, I want to have the same type of O/D (27") with the same OEM sidewall size. Perhaps I could run the 275/? up front but I really haven't seen a 305/?/19? What could you recommend on the sizes. Note- If I need to run a slightly taller tire in the rear, that would be okay as well.

2) Same scenario as above except I would be running 20 inch wheels. What sizes do you recommend.

3) I'm seriously thinking of running a 19 inch (front) and a 20 inch (rear) set-up. Again, need professional help with regard to tire sizes.

I've seen many GT 500's running 20 inch all around. However, the sidewall look smaller then OEM. I've seen guys using 19's all around but the rear tire is not that wide (considering I spin the tires all the way in 3rd gear.) I really need a 305/? something in the rear, nothing smaller, plus the look is great. FYI- Nitto/D/R's are not that big of a deal for me. Come track day I could run some 18" M/T's.

And if you have any suggestions on all of this, please let me know.

Thanks, look forward to conducting business in the very near future.;-)

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm looking to purchase either 19's or 20 inch True Forged wheels. 9.5 (f) with an 11.0 (rear) width wheel. However, I need your help on the tires.

Note-The car is lowered on Steeda springs. Front 1.2 and rear has a drop of 1.5, not that big of a deal, I think.

1) If I run the 19's, I want to have the same type of O/D (27") with the same OEM sidewall size. Perhaps I could run the 275/? up front but I really haven't seen a 305/?/19? What could you recommend on the sizes. Note- If I need to run a slightly taller tire in the rear, that would be okay as well.

2) Same scenario as above except I would be running 20 inch wheels. What sizes do you recommend.

3) I'm seriously thinking of running a 19 inch (front) and a 20 inch (rear) set-up. Again, need professional help with regard to tire sizes.

I've seen many GT 500's running 20 inch all around. However, the sidewall look smaller then OEM. I've seen guys using 19's all around but the rear tire is not that wide (considering I spin the tires all the way in 3rd gear.) I really need a 305/? something in the rear, nothing smaller, plus the look is great. FYI- Nitto/D/R's are not that big of a deal for me. Come track day I could run some 18" M/T's.

And if you have any suggestions on all of this, please let me know.

Thanks, look forward to conducting business in the very near future.;-)

Thank you for the Post!

Let me start out by telling you that you can not have a tire that has the same OD and the same sidewall height when you are plus sizing. When you plus size (+1 for example) you loose 1/2" in sidewall height to make up for the difference in wheel diameter. Here's an example of a +1 fitment (going from 17" to 18")...

***note the tire width does not change and stays the same at 9.65"***

245/45-17 = 25.68" (OD) and has a sidewall height of 4.34"
245/40-18 = 25.72" (OD) and has a sidewall height of 3.86"

A tire size is a mathematical formula. The first three numbers in the tire size is the section width of the tire in millimeters. The second two numbers is called the aspect ratio which is a percentage of the tires section width. The last two numbers (obviously) is the wheel diameter. Here's the formula...

Convert the section width into inches (25.4" = 1") Multiply that number by the aspect ratio (again the aspect ratio is a percentage so if you have a 45 series you multiply section width by.45) Take that number and multiply it by two ( you multiply this number by two because you have a top and bottom of a tire). You then take this number and add it to your wheel diameter to receive the overall diameter.

***Keep in mind, tire sizes are like shoes. Some run larger in size when compared to another tire in the same size***

Based on what you are looking for, I can not find a 19" set up that will match up front and rear and provide you with the traction you seem to want. With that said, we can set you up with a 20" tire combination from Nitto. They build the NT555 Extreme Performance in the 265/35-20 size and the NT555R DR in the 305/35-20 size. This set uyp will offer you the most amount of traction. Here are the exact dimensions per Nitto in both sizes/models...

265/35-20 - 27.32" tall and 10.67" wide. The approved rim width range is 9" to 10.5" with 9.5" being the most ideal. The sidewall height is 3.66"

305/35-20 - 28.58 " tall and 12.16" wide. The approved rim width range is 10" to 12" with 11" being the most ideal. The sidewall height is 4.29"

When it comes to running a 19/20 stagger, I can not find anything that comes close to the OE diameter that won't look awkward with the 20" DR.

Please note that this is not a guaranteed fitment. With the vehicle being lowered you may need to make fender modifications in the rear as the 305/35-20 size is outside of our recommendations. The wheel offsets will also need to be considered when making your final decision.

If anyone has any recommendations for 09 Troublemaker, please post up :thumbsup:

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

Established Member
Thank you for the Post!

Let me start out by telling you that you can not have a tire that has the same OD and the same sidewall height when you are plus sizing. When you plus size (+1 for example) you loose 1/2" in sidewall height to make up for the difference in wheel diameter. Here's an example of a +1 fitment (going from 17" to 18")...

***note the tire width does not change and stays the same at 9.65"***

245/45-17 = 25.68" (OD) and has a sidewall height of 4.34"
245/40-18 = 25.72" (OD) and has a sidewall height of 3.86"

A tire size is a mathematical formula. The first three numbers in the tire size is the section width of the tire in millimeters. The second two numbers is called the aspect ratio which is a percentage of the tires section width. The last two numbers (obviously) is the wheel diameter. Here's the formula...

Convert the section width into inches (25.4" = 1") Multiply that number by the aspect ratio (again the aspect ratio is a percentage so if you have a 45 series you multiply section width by.45) Take that number and multiply it by two ( you multiply this number by two because you have a top and bottom of a tire). You then take this number and add it to your wheel diameter to receive the overall diameter.

***Keep in mind, tire sizes are like shoes. Some run larger in size when compared to another tire in the same size***

Based on what you are looking for, I can not find a 19" set up that will match up front and rear and provide you with the traction you seem to want. With that said, we can set you up with a 20" tire combination from Nitto. They build the NT555 Extreme Performance in the 265/35-20 size and the NT555R DR in the 305/35-20 size. This set uyp will offer you the most amount of traction. Here are the exact dimensions per Nitto in both sizes/models...

265/35-20 - 27.32" tall and 10.67" wide. The approved rim width range is 9" to 10.5" with 9.5" being the most ideal. The sidewall height is 3.66"

305/35-20 - 28.58 " tall and 12.16" wide. The approved rim width range is 10" to 12" with 11" being the most ideal. The sidewall height is 4.29"

When it comes to running a 19/20 stagger, I can not find anything that comes close to the OE diameter that won't look awkward with the 20" DR.

Please note that this is not a guaranteed fitment. With the vehicle being lowered you may need to make fender modifications in the rear as the 305/35-20 size is outside of our recommendations. The wheel offsets will also need to be considered when making your final decision.

If anyone has any recommendations for 09 Troublemaker, please post up :thumbsup:

found the reply:beer:

Very informative information! Love it........:beer:

What size would you recommend for the rears? Please send me pricing (20" set-up) shipped to 11961;-)

Will the .63 difference look funny?:shrug:

Side note-What sizes would you recommend running in a 19 inch set-up. I'm still not sure if I want to run the 20's look.

Thank you!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
found the reply:beer:

Very informative information! Love it........:beer:

What size would you recommend for the rears? Please send me pricing (20" set-up) shipped to 11961;-)

Will the .63 difference look funny?:shrug:

Side note-What sizes would you recommend running in a 19 inch set-up. I'm still not sure if I want to run the 20's look.

Thank you!

A 20" set up to consider is running 275/35-20's in the front and 295/35-20's in rear. Both these sizes have been approved to work on your wheel dimensions. Nitto produces the Invo in these sizes and would be a great model to look into. This tire is extremely responsive and offers a semi continuos asymmetrical tread design for increased grip and handling.

You can also run the Invo in a 19" setup. 255/40-19's in the front and 285/35-19's in the rear. Here's a link with some additional information on the Invo...

Shipping and sales tax is free for NY. residents :thumbsup:

Last edited:

totheduals

Established Member
Some pics of the NT-01's
315/30/18
275/35/18
IMGP2538.jpg

IMGP2537.jpg

09Troublemaker

Established Member
A 20" set up to consider is running 275/35-20's in the front and 295/35-20's in rear. Both these sizes have been approved to work on your wheel dimensions. Nitto produces the Invo in these sizes and would be a great model to look into. This tire is extremely responsive and offers a semi continuos asymmetrical tread design for increased grip and handling.

You can also run the Invo in a 19" setup. 255/40-19's in the front and 285/35-19's in the rear. Here's a link with some additional information on the Invo...

Shipping and sales tax is free for NY. residents :thumbsup:

Thanks
does the Invo come in 305/? I tried to search but had no luck

09Troublemaker

Established Member
^
The Invo is produced in a 305/30-19.

Here's Nitto's spec sheet...

okay, thanks, I do see they make a 315/35/20
I mention this because I see some running the 305's with "room to spare."
I could always have True Fordge account for the extra size. It doesn't appear to be much larger/width then the 305's..

whats your take when comparing this to the 305's/20?

thanks again...oh ya, I like that no sales tax/shipping part:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread