My Experience With Lightning Force Performance's Customer Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANKFAN

Established Member
On 03/24 I ordered a PI converter and LFP Extreme Performance 4R100 Rebuild kit to replace my stock tranny and converter. About a week later I received the items. When I opened the box containing the 4R100 rebuild kit, I was amazed that I had received a box full of loose parts. There was no packing inside the box just loose parts thrown in a box. The box was in good condition and I looked over the parts and everything looked good to me so I decided to keep them even though for close $1,000 you would have thought that they would have at least put the parts into some packages with some packing for shipping.

The next day I dropped the tranny off at the transmission shop. The next morning I received a call from the tranny shop and they wanted me to come down and look at the parts. So I did and some of the parts were not usable. The bearings in the kit were not round but rather oblonged, one of the piston seals was warped and the washer kit that was included in the kit was the wrong one. So I returned home and tried for 2 straight days to get in touch with anyone at LFP with no luck. So I just told the transmission to guy order the defective parts and I would take this up with LFP later. The parts came out to be $100 so no big deal.

A couple days later I got a hold of Mark@LFP. I explained to him the problem and was met with immediate attitude. I explained to him that I would be happy to return the parts to him so that he could see them for himself. I explained that I didn't care that my car was down for a couple extra days due to the defective parts but would like a refund of the $100 that I had to spend to replace the defective parts. He told me to send them back and he would have his transmission guy look at them and if they were defective he would issue me a refund. So I sent back the parts.

I waited about 2 weeks and called Mark again. He stated he was still waiting on the transmission guy to get back to him. About a month of back and fourth finally the transmisson guy confirmed what I knew all along that the parts were indeed defective. Mark told me to email him my address and he would mail me a check as soon as the tranny shop sends him a $100 refund. I thought I bought these parts from LFP not the tranny shop but I am easy to get along with and as long as I get the $100 refund no big deal.

Well that was close to 4 months ago. I have spoken to LFP over 14 times since then. As of today July 14th, I have still not received my refund. I have been told every excuse in the book why I haven't received the refund. On the 12th call I spoke with Mark personally again. He insured me that my check had finally been mailed the day before. I checked to make sure he had my correct address and he indeed had the correct address. That was over 2 weeks ago and yeah you guessed it, the check has never arrived. I tried calling LFP on Friday and Monday and was told both times that Mark would call me back but I have yet to receive a call from anyone at LFP.

Just out of curoisty, I checked with the Better Business Bureau to see if I was the only customer that has been taken advantage of by LFP. It seems they have had a pattern of customer service issues and not standing behind there products.

BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

Name: Lightning Force Performance
Phone: (281) 385-5339
Address: 3207 Kathleen

Mont Belvieu, TX 77580
Email Address: [email protected]
File Open Date: November 2005
TOB Classification: Auto Parts & Supplies
BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record

BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB

Definition:

Pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
some complaints presented by the BBB, however, the company did not respond to other complaints BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Can you dispute the charges on your credit card? If paid with, I would dispute the full amount. Sock it to them.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
It's a shame you got burned. From what I have read, this poor customer service has happened to a lot of other people too. I would not order from LFP. :nono:

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
With all of the neg items being said about LFP it is a wonder that they still seem unaware that there is a growing problem. The other day I saw that Jesse from LFP made a few posts and seemed unaware and somewhat shocked that LFP has been getting the badmouth. I visit on Modular Fords once and awhile and the same trend of unhappy customers some of which are the same on here have steadily giving them hell. I dont have anything bad to say as I have purchased alot from LFP in the past and had my issues taken care of timely. Makes you wonder if they give a *&^% and figure someone will buy there product because of price no matter what. I thought RPM outlet was the bad guys. Makes you wonder??

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
You guys weren't around when we started the NO LFP FOR ME club in 2004, when Mark ripped off Dana and extremejc for hundreds of dollars apiece

Much discussion and debate ensued but restitution was never made by LFP :loser:

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Wow, I have ordered upwards of $2000 worth of parts from these guys and never had a problem. I hope you get your issue resolved.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I hope you guys don't mind, but I just ordered a LFP H/E, LFP single blade T.B. and Magnaflow cat-back from LFP and it was a perfect transaction. I got it all in good time and the prices were great. I also ordered about $1500 worth of stuff from Lethal at the same time and everything got here around the same time. They both supplied me with speedy delivery and great prices. They also both sent me continued E-mail notifications of my order status.
I hope LFP gets all of these issues attended to.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
thats rough man. i cant believe they gave you such grief for such a little amount of money. i mean, you bought over $1000 in parts and only had an issue for $100. Yet, they continue to give you the runaround. screw that! Talk about some serious customer service issues. From what I am reading lately, and in the past, LFP is about as reliable as RPMOutlet. Sometimes you get the shaft, sometimes nothing goes wrong.

sct12

Established Member
Yea my HE came in bent, it was on the lower part and not very noticeable once on the car, but bent none the less. My tank came in with the drain back tube crushed. The boxes were in perfect shape. I told them about it and even sent pics. They really didnt seem too concerned. I just said f it. I didnt want anything replaced just wanted them to know so wouldnt happen to the next guy. I dont know hope they get it figured out because they have alot of good products.
Sorry to hear about your problem I bet they have a bunch of low paid guys boxing this stuff up for them. Your not the only one though.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
For a hundred bucks, damn. Thats why these forums rule, you get a
chance too be heard and get them back at the same time. Maybe even get your problem solved, cause they don't want a bad name. Good luck.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
LOL.. how many threads are there going to be about LFP before people stop handing them their money? Seriously, why not spend the extra $ and go with Lethal to ensure a smooth transaction.

I can't believe SVTP is still advertising for them

bigmoose

Established Member
On 03/24 I ordered a PI converter and LFP Extreme Performance 4R100 Rebuild kit to replace my stock tranny and converter. About a week later I received the items. When I opened the box containing the 4R100 rebuild kit, I was amazed that I had received a box full of loose parts. There was no packing inside the box just loose parts thrown in a box.

What do you know, i had the same problem. Ordered over $1k in parts from them, which included a full pulley set including a lower kit. I opened the box to find everything loose with little packing and no instructions.

Defknotzero

Established Member
You guys weren't around when we started the NO LFP FOR ME club in 2004, when Mark ripped off Dana and extremejc for hundreds of dollars apiece

Much discussion and debate ensued but restitution was never made by LFP :loser:

I remember that thread.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
That sucks man. Just a case of you had to learn the hard way.

Maybe we should have a "Vendors gone bad" sections to save future forums member from falling to this bad customer service and defect parts issues.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I have had nothing but great from them. I bought a set of mids. Few weeks prior to that I bought a driveshaft loop.

They have always given 3 day shipping, and they arrived on time as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread