My Experience With Lightning Force Performance's Customer Service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANKFAN

Established Member
On 03/24 I ordered a PI converter and LFP Extreme Performance 4R100 Rebuild kit to replace my stock tranny and converter. About a week later I received the items. When I opened the box containing the 4R100 rebuild kit, I was amazed that I had received a box full of loose parts. There was no packing inside the box just loose parts thrown in a box. The box was in good condition and I looked over the parts and everything looked good to me so I decided to keep them even though for close $1,000 you would have thought that they would have at least put the parts into some packages with some packing for shipping.

The next day I dropped the tranny off at the transmission shop. The next morning I received a call from the tranny shop and they wanted me to come down and look at the parts. So I did and some of the parts were not usable. The bearings in the kit were not round but rather oblonged, one of the piston seals was warped and the washer kit that was included in the kit was the wrong one. So I returned home and tried for 2 straight days to get in touch with anyone at LFP with no luck. So I just told the transmission to guy order the defective parts and I would take this up with LFP later. The parts came out to be $100 so no big deal.

A couple days later I got a hold of Mark@LFP. I explained to him the problem and was met with immediate attitude. I explained to him that I would be happy to return the parts to him so that he could see them for himself. I explained that I didn't care that my car was down for a couple extra days due to the defective parts but would like a refund of the $100 that I had to spend to replace the defective parts. He told me to send them back and he would have his transmission guy look at them and if they were defective he would issue me a refund. So I sent back the parts.

I waited about 2 weeks and called Mark again. He stated he was still waiting on the transmission guy to get back to him. About a month of back and fourth finally the transmisson guy confirmed what I knew all along that the parts were indeed defective. Mark told me to email him my address and he would mail me a check as soon as the tranny shop sends him a $100 refund. I thought I bought these parts from LFP not the tranny shop but I am easy to get along with and as long as I get the $100 refund no big deal.

Well that was close to 4 months ago. I have spoken to LFP over 14 times since then. As of today July 14th, I have still not received my refund. I have been told every excuse in the book why I haven't received the refund. On the 12th call I spoke with Mark personally again. He insured me that my check had finally been mailed the day before. I checked to make sure he had my correct address and he indeed had the correct address. That was over 2 weeks ago and yeah you guessed it, the check has never arrived. I tried calling LFP on Friday and Monday and was told both times that Mark would call me back but I have yet to receive a call from anyone at LFP.

Just out of curoisty, I checked with the Better Business Bureau to see if I was the only customer that has been taken advantage of by LFP. It seems they have had a pattern of customer service issues and not standing behind there products.

BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

Name: Lightning Force Performance
Phone: (281) 385-5339
Address: 3207 Kathleen

Mont Belvieu, TX 77580
Email Address: [email protected]
File Open Date: November 2005
TOB Classification: Auto Parts & Supplies
BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record

BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB

Definition:

Pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business. of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
some complaints presented by the BBB, however, the company did not respond to other complaints BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

Last edited:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Well, thats shitty.

Sorry to hear the bad luck bro. You would think a place as big as LFP would shoot the $100 with no problems to keep the customer happy, especially if the guy on his end even confirmed your speculations as well.

Sucks...

jsnm

Established Member
That really sucks bigtime,hopefully that will get straightened out for you.It seems like there service has gotten alot worse than it was couple years ago.I ordered a set of 42lb injectors from them and tried calling them time after time for days straight and never got an answer.Numerous times someone picked up and just hung the phone up.Needless to say i payed around $48 extra for overnight shipping to get my truck ont he road and it took about 6 days to get them.After i finally got ahold of someone there he said they had to order them from somewhere else and they would get to me the next day,of course they didnt and his next excuse was that the place they ordered them from tried to deliver them after they closed.Seemed to me like a bunch of bs but i finally recieved them in good working order.Just ashame cause i used to order lots of parts for my other truck bout 2 yrs ago and the service was great.But now its not and i think they need to be a little better with customer satisfaction.

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
well thats kind of scary.....I just ordered a 2.3whipple from them....I hope it shows up the way its supposed to. Its a drop ship item from whipple direct so it being damaged shouldnt be an issue.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
well thats kind of scary.....I just ordered a 2.3whipple from them....I hope it shows up the way its supposed to. Its a drop ship item from whipple direct so it being damaged shouldnt be an issue.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500614
Also another member on this board "FASnakes" hes in the terminator section also had issues with his Whipple that he ordered through LFP.

To the OP, sucks about your luck with LFP. They have gone down hill in the last 2 years. I used to buy from them, but not no more. Hope everything gets resolved. But if its taken this long for a $100 refund, i dont think its going to happen,:nonono:. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495318

Jesse@LFP

Banned
When the transmission shop assembles the LFP Extreme 4R100 Rebuild Kits, they are sealed shut and we ship in the same box they are packed in. After Brian brought to our attention there were some parts that were damaged we asked him to send them back. We brought it to the attention of our transmission shop that assembles the kits and he apologized profusely. We were in contact with Brian, determined the cost of damaged parts, and cut a check.

We've sold too many transmission rebuild kits to number and have never had a damage incident. Thank you Brian for bringing this to our attention, we now inspect every rebuild kit that comes through our shop.

Being in business for almost 10 years, most businesses will have negative BBB. All it takes is one customer who does not like you for some reason to file a complaint. All complaints have been resolved.

Thank you all for your continued support, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We strive to please everyone and improve business. From time to time these things will happen but we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you so much.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
4 months for a refund????:dw:

Maybe there is something else that we don't know about, but that seems WAY to long for me.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Seems to be there's no grey area. Either they hit a grand slam or strike out looking.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
That really sucks man... I've always had good luck with them, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated myself.... I ordered a DS loop and a badge overlay (which is custom and I'm sure has to be made), over a month ago I think it is now... still no sign of any of it... don't really need the badge overlay right away, but I at least thought the loop would've shown up by now, I mean, I was charged for this stuff already...

HANKFAN

Established Member
We were in contact with Brian, determined the cost of damaged parts, and cut a check.

Who did you cut a check too becasue it sure wasn't me. Once again you guys dodge the entire question of why I posted this in the first place. Why after 4 months of waiting and over 14 phone calls do I still not have the refund you guys promised me????

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
Who did you cut a check too becasue it sure wasn't me. Once again you guys dodge the entire question of why I posted this in the first place. Why after 4 months of waiting and over 14 phone calls do I still not have the refund you guys promised me????

thats what i was thinking after ready jesse's post:shrug:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'm interested in seeing the resolution of this problem.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Sid, I know that LFP is a supporting vendor here, but this is just getting ridiculous. There has been too many complications with them as of late. Is there any way that you or Larry can talk to them to see whats going on? Just for the sake of saving someone a headche in the future.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I also would like to know what happens i am about to order some things and would like to avoid the mess.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That really sucks man... I've always had good luck with them, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated myself.... I ordered a DS loop and a badge overlay (which is custom and I'm sure has to be made), over a month ago I think it is now... still no sign of any of it... don't really need the badge overlay right away, but I at least thought the loop would've shown up by now, I mean, I was charged for this stuff already...

I would double check to make sure you have been charged for it. I was told they don't charge till they ship it out. If they have not charged you yet, cancel the order and get a DS loop from Jegs or summit and hit up Big stew for a badge.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I would double check to make sure you have been charged for it. I was told they don't charge till they ship it out. If they have not charged you yet, cancel the order and get a DS loop from Jegs or summit and hit up Big stew for a badge.

Thats what I thought too... that they wouldn't bill until shipped, but I have my credit card statement right in front of me and the charge is there and I have yet to see either item.... maybe it's en route, but I don't feel so confident.... I also placed an order over the phone for a set of t-bars... those i do not see a charge for...

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
I'm not suprised !

First off i dont really like bashing, but i think i'm entitled to.

Orderd 2 belts and a intercooler reservoir in the beginning of September last year. Paid it with Paypal Sep 12 2007. Still havent recived any package !

I have email both Mark and Jessie about this a ton of times. The times i did get a response, i got all the excuses known to man kind.

Such as:
The belts did'nt come in yet.
Our email filter sorted your emails out.
Dident see your PM's
We had a new guy packing your stuff, and he sent it the wrong way.
It just went out the other day.
The package came back, so we are sending it out again next week.
And so on....

Its only $319, but its the way this story have been handled thats pissing me off.

I think i've been more then patience in this story.

rlearp

Established Member
As a guy looking for a blower kit I definitely won't be contacting LFP. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for having the guts to post about it. Forums are extremely helpful to enthusiasts, but only if they are actually used. Many problems with vendors remain hidden even on public forums as folks feel bad about posting negative experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread