My driver side window

pbm.cc

Established Member
So, my window was working fine on my way to work and at lunch it's not going down anymore! I'm sad... U can hear the change in the engine when holding the button down but I don't hear the window motor at all no any other noise. Any ideas? Blown window motor?

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
Slam the door holding the button down.... Works for me. lol I think the window gets held up on the felt. or something like that.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
in 6 months mine has been stuck in the "down" position on 2 occasions... shutting the door while holding up made the window work again ... it is just a dead spot in the motor.. many ppl have these problems with the factor motors in these cars

ericyow

Established Member
Hey, mine's got the same issue as the OP. What's the fix for this?! The slam worked for a few times but no more. It has me worried that when I press the button the rpms drop. Is that an issue?

divided

Established Member
Hey, mine's got the same issue as the OP. What's the fix for this?! The slam worked for a few times but no more. It has me worried that when I press the button the rpms drop. Is that an issue?

You need a new window motor from FORD. Cost me ~350 total for the swap, but im sure you could do it yourself for much less.

ericyow

Established Member
Fixed mine. Pulled the door panel, held the button down, and tapped 5x w a hammer. It works!!!! Saved me $350 for now at least.

Users who are viewing this thread