My dealership...salesmen suck but Service dept rocks!

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
Well, as many of you know, true to form for most car dealerships in Hawaii, they try to suck every penny possible from the consumer. Their sales tactic is to not let you leave, and coerce you into buying a car, not only for full MSRP, but for their "Adjusted Market Value" as well. After my fiasco and 5 hour ordeal with trying to get my car at a fair price instead of getting ass raped, I was pretty disappointed when my car started exhibited just about every single problem that is outlined on this website.

My car squeaked really loud when I drove it, which was almost embarrassing when you pulled up to hot girls at a stop light, sounded like an old squeaky mattress when I went over bumps and hit the brakes. The final straw was me noticing the passenger seat was rubbing against the side of the car, and that the rear differential housing was leaking, which I noticed while changing the oil. You can imagine the look on the service advisor's face when I brought my car in, with about 4 different printed out TSBs for various known problem. He just scratched his head and said "Well, your car might be in here for a while".

Well, they changed both serpentine belts, which the service manager told me was a 4 hour pain in the ass, they gave me 2 brand new fog lights, ordered a new rear differential housing assembly, ordered shims for the passenger seat, and he asked me where I saw that SSM for the front squeaking suspension. I used his computer and went to svtperformance.com and pulled it up, including where it stipulates to change the front lower control arms and the part numbers. He, no shit, printed out the forum thread from this website and ordered the control arms right there! I was like holey shit. So having this website and a great service center has helped me out quite a bit.

Flooznie

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Flooznie
Well, as many of you know, true to form for most car dealerships in Hawaii, they try to suck every penny possible from the consumer. Their sales tactic is to not let you leave, and coerce you into buying a car, not only for full MSRP, but for their "Adjusted Market Value" as well. After my fiasco and 5 hour ordeal with trying to get my car at a fair price instead of getting ass raped, I was pretty disappointed when my car started exhibited just about every single problem that is outlined on this website.

My car squeaked really loud when I drove it, which was almost embarrassing when you pulled up to hot girls at a stop light, sounded like an old squeaky mattress when I went over bumps and hit the brakes. The final straw was me noticing the passenger seat was rubbing against the side of the car, and that the rear differential housing was leaking, which I noticed while changing the oil. You can imagine the look on the service advisor's face when I brought my car in, with about 4 different printed out TSBs for various known problem. He just scratched his head and said "Well, your car might be in here for a while".

Well, they changed both serpentine belts, which the service manager told me was a 4 hour pain in the ass, they gave me 2 brand new fog lights, ordered a new rear differential housing assembly, ordered shims for the passenger seat, and he asked me where I saw that SSM for the front squeaking suspension. I used his computer and went to svtperformance.com and pulled it up, including where it stipulates to change the front lower control arms and the part numbers. He, no shit, printed out the forum thread from this website and ordered the control arms right there! I was like holey shit. So having this website and a great service center has helped me out quite a bit.

Flooznie
Wow! That was awesome. Most dealerships wouldn't have even bothered checking. Congrats on your Cobra vert, too. Nice color. :)

SSgtUSMC

Established Member
My salesman was ok, but my paint and body alignment sucked. :nonono: I showed Ford and they said lets make it right. Now my car is how it should have been.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread