MY DD turbo'd whatcha think? Not Ford or Import :)

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
you need a combination to get in the glove box?
TGPSE017.jpg

How about some vids of that torquemonster in action!!!

nik96

Established Member
Dude... Awesome. Similar to my 'DD' but yours is prettier with way cooler seats...

boost003.gif

turbo3007.jpg

100_0354.jpg

Again, really cool. I can surely appreciate the theme. I'd love a vid.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Lol thanks again guys ok to clear up some questions:

-Vids will come soon after I finish my tuning on the car......both street and track vids maybe even a dyno.
-Box in front of the shifter is the drivers information computer, vehicle avg speed, econ instant and average, miles to empty gas, calander, compass and maintenance computer
-Yes the glove box has a combo lock.......yeah I don't know either they are all like that until 1996 when they changed the interior
-I just fixed the exhaust leak, nothing a little home made sheet copper gasket could not fix:)

More stuff soon, this weekend is for tuning :) Thanks for the compliment, the turbo is rated to 360 hp and with the bigger turbine wheel it is probably more like 400 hp. I will probably never get there! I'm running 22# TPI injectors which is the limiting factor right now for power.......that and the stock bottom end :)

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Some pictures from todays cruise in. A little video too at 10 psi part throttle. Walk around video is second one.

Ken

th_100_5922.jpg

th_100_5921.jpg

100_5923.jpg

100_5926.jpg

100_5928.jpg

Last edited:

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
updates!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: Ok we have been doing a lot of tuning and this thing is getting fast as hell now! I surprised myself earlier today when I powershifted 1-2 and the thing spun the front tires. I'm sure you guys are like yeah big deal......well the tires on the car are cooper zeon zpt's 245/50/16! Thats a big chunk of tire to break free!

Anyways I fixed the exhaust leak, turned out to be the rear crossover ball and socket joint was warped from years of use so I got some of this stuff below called thermosteel from autozone for like $6.99. I loosened the joint, stuffed the goopy mixture in there, tightened it up, smeared some around the outside and let it sit overnight. Start the car up and let it idle for a few minutes to finish the cure and no more leaky crossover ;) I had tried to tighten the rear flange to make it stop leaking, even tried copper shims, I tightened it so much I broke the damn stud off the rear exhaust manifold. Luckly I had a spare rear manifold for a turbo grand prix in the garage with good studs and it only cost me 1.5 hours work to change it and put in a new gasket.

Otherwise I have been busy tidying up the engine compartment. I made a EGR blockooff plate out of some 300 series stainless at work and used a copper flare pipe cap to block off the crossover pipe where the egr pipe was. I just won and auction on ebay for a combo EGT/Boost gauge and I'm going to mount the thermocouple for the EGP where this cap is.

I have also been doing a lot of heat shielding. Let me tell you thermotech works! That reflective wrap really cut down the charge pipe temp and the header wrap around the turbo and downpipe really helped as well. Enough talk enjoy the pics at the park near my house and of the updates!

100_5971.jpg

100_5975.jpg

100_5976.jpg

100_5977.jpg

100_5978.jpg

100_5979.jpg

100_5981.jpg

100_5982.jpg

100_5983.jpg

100_5987.jpg

100_5988.jpg

100_5992.jpg

100_5994.jpg

Ken

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Very cool daily. I think the interior looks like it was trying to be futuristic in 88. I love that is is a 5 speed very cool.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Well Larry (GPSE3400) and I hit Island Dragway in NJ today! What a great day for it, since it rained all day Saturday they were only running cars with street tires since water was creeping out of the cracks in the track. So unlimited runs ( I got like 9 in a 4 hour period) and no wait. So here are the results, mods in my sig. Yeah the car is silent! I'm running a stock 88 SE exhaust still, I'm getting an exhaust built this weekend for it. I'm running like 12 psi on a semi DIY tune that Flybynite and I made.

This guy trailered in this camaro, he beat me but I think his pride was hurt a bit by this launch )
Best Run: 14.556 @ 93.75 MPH

th_100_6154_1456.jpg

This was against a turbo civic with no interior, he said he was running 14s but I saw him run a 13.85 so I knew what to expect, needless to say he was surprised by the TGPSE with full interior and a full tank of gas! He did not catch me until after the 1/8 mile. He gave lots of respect to the "grandma car" as he called it :)

Second Best Run: 14.6 Flat @ 93.43 MPH

th_100_6158_146_TurboCivic.jpg

Most of the sixty foots were in the 2.12 -2.13 range. Not bad for the first time in the 1/4 with this car, oh yeah it is only a little 2.8 :laugh:

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread