My dash lights went out. What can it be?

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if this has happend to anybody on here? Last night I get in my car and turn on my headlights and I noticed that my dash lights are not on. I think that they might be just set on dim but I turned it all the way to the left and my interior light comes on so it wasn't that.

Could it be something simple like a fuse?

If so, which one is it?

Thanks in advance. :beer:

divided

Established Member
Common problem. Happened to mine as well. You need to replace the whole cluster as the lights can't be swapped.

black 10th vert

Established Member
there is a member on here that fixes them, which is the way to go, because if you buy a used (or new replacement) you will need to go to a dealer to get you computer re-flashed to calibrate the new cluster - big cost, and pain in the a$$!

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if this has happend to anybody on here? Last night I get in my car and turn on my headlights and I noticed that my dash lights are not on. I think that they might be just set on dim but I turned it all the way to the left and my interior light comes on so it wasn't that.

Could it be something simple like a fuse?

If so, which one is it?

Thanks in advance. :beer:

do you have an aftermarket stereo? My dash lights went out a couple times, fuses blown. It turned out that the wire that hooks up to the stereo that also goes with the dimmer was grounding. No big deal (in my case), just taped it up.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Evil Twin, sorry about not getting back to you about the shirts. I started a new job and I haven't focused on my shirts, when you're unemployed you have too much free time. I still want to do something though, I'll PM you soon. :beer:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Evil Twin, sorry about not getting back to you about the shirts. I started a new job and I haven't focused on my shirts, when you're unemployed you have too much free time. I still want to do something though, I'll PM you soon. :beer:

no prob and no real hurry! I been crazy busy myself. :beer:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
there is a member on here that fixes them, which is the way to go, because if you buy a used (or new replacement) you will need to go to a dealer to get you computer re-flashed to calibrate the new cluster - big cost, and pain in the a$$!

ditto, It is a electronic issue and this guy fixes them very reasonable and no bs has to be done. Yo guy another customer....

scorched

Established Member
the link i provided earlier is the member that fixes the dashes, so you dont have to go around searching for the thread :beer:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I would check the headlight switch first. It's only a $10 or $20 part from autozone. My dash lights went out and thats what the problem was.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
A guy is selling an '03 Cobra gauge setup for $300 (plus shipping) on The Mustang Pitstop...

[ame=http://themustangpitstop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3319]2003 OEM Cobra Cluster with 45k miles - The Mustang Pitstop[/ame]

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Yes just go ahead and send it to me cheapest way to go. I will have you up in running in no time. No need to replace the cluster as you need to take it to your Ford dealer to resync the cluster with your PCM. If your intrested please send me a PM. I now have overnight service!!! No need to have your Cobra sitting there for a whole week.....

Users who are viewing this thread