My dads thinking about getting this 65, what do you think?

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
8k is too low. it is worth 20 easy. 32 is too much. if it was a 100% original resoration it might be worth that but there are too many things they have modded/changed. if there is NO signs of ANY rust I might negotiate up to 25 but I think that would be my top dollar.

Your right, its just that for 32k I would much rather spend the money else where. Im sure the guy spent over 8k in the mustang, its a sweet looking car but its not worth that asking price IMO.

04cobra13

Established Member
heck no put that towards a new gt500!! IDK why but i hate those 65s,looks too girly imo,also the worst looking mustang produced,,imo

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
For 35K, there's a lot of better overall classic cars than that one. That one is more like a resto mod type.

GTO's, 55 Coupes, Chevelle's, etc.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
lol ok guys I agree with you on the vert thing. I'd spend it on a fastback personally. But that's me, not my parents.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
It is nice, but the hood is incorrect, the motor is incorrect. I like the wheels, and it appears to have been restored correctly over all. They sell for 20-30k all day long here in Texas. I would say if they could land it for a around 30k they would come out ok, considering how nice it appears to be.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
heck no put that towards a new gt500!! IDK why but i hate those 65s,looks too girly imo,also the worst looking mustang produced,,imo

LOL seriously?? Over a 74-77 mustang II?? 65-66 may not carry the muscular edge the 69-70 did but they're the beginning of it all.

I'm with everyone else, clean car but over priced. As far as numbers matching, I believe only the K codes fell in that category and if that were a K code it would be a steal.
Detroit locker doesn't fit the vert theme either. Can't see my mom rolling around in a locker car as a cruiser lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

7.62x51

Established Member
I'll bite...why?

E

Personally, one of the reasons I am attracted to SVT Cobras is because of how aggressive and menacing they look. I have never been a huge fan of any mustang besides the SVT Cobra - atleast, thats what attracted me to Mustangs in the first place (was the high performance variants). I especially despise the term 'ponycar' and anything related to 'pony' in general. lol

To me, the 1960's Mustangs look too feminine (exception being the fastback models).

They look especially feminine compared to the Camaro and Mopar's.

So to me, a 1965 Mustang Convertible is a High School girl's dream, not mine.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Personally, one of the reasons I am attracted to SVT Cobras is because of how aggressive and menacing they look. I have never been a huge fan of any mustang besides the SVT Cobra - atleast, thats what attracted me to Mustangs in the first place (was the high performance variants). I especially despise the term 'ponycar' and anything related to 'pony' in general. lol

To me, the 1960's Mustangs look too feminine (exception being the fastback models).

They look especially feminine compared to the Camaro and Mopar's.

So to me, a 1965 Mustang Convertible is a High School girl's dream, not mine.

yeah, I get ch'a.

Of course his parents might remember it as the car they always wanted, and just a cruiser.

Thanks!

E

hoamskilet

Established Member
Nice lookin car, but the seller is high as a kite asking 35 for it. Don't think i'd personally pay over 25 for it

Woody6799

Established Member
LOL seriously?? Over a 74-77 mustang II?? 65-66 may not carry the muscular edge the 69-70 did but they're the beginning of it all.

I'm with everyone else, clean car but over priced. As far as numbers matching, I believe only the K codes fell in that category and if that were a K code it would be a steal.
Detroit locker doesn't fit the vert theme either. Can't see my mom rolling around in a locker car as a cruiser lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

How dare you mention the Mustang II :bash: or the Ghia or even the King Cobra... dark times my friend, dark times lol

Users who are viewing this thread