My Crash - Pics should be small enough -

05 GT

Established Member
While coming home from Indianapolis from the wife's Xmas party, I managed to crash the car. With the cruise set at 70, I felt the car moved around a bit. You know that odd feeling when you know something isn't right. I killed the cruise control and let it coast. It straightened out then. Still running over 65, I went into a slight left curve. As soon as I turned, the rear let go. Keep in mind this all happened in less than 5 seconds or so. I clutched the car, and cranked the wheel. It went into a pretty sideways slide for about 75 feet. Once it sloped over to the passing lane it let go and started spinning. I pegged the brake and held on. Before we hit, the wifes door came open and she started screeming. I grabbed her coat and pulled her to me to keep her from falling out. We hit with the pass corner first into those cable barriers. It bounced around, hit the drivers rear, drivers front and came to rest. Wife was pretty shook up. We were both very blessed to not be hurt. She had a light burn from the seat belt on her neck and she's a bit sore still, but doing very well. Insurance wants to total the car. Im wanting another opinion. I just don't see it. Even the collision center that has it said they can't imagine it will be totaled. Anyway, anyone need a 4.6 drivetrain? Ive got the option to buy it back.

100_0497.jpg

100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

100_0506.jpg

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
OMG wow im glad your ok. sorry bout your baby........... wait........ whats that?....... oh ......I though i heard someone say 2011???? :banana:

Sap

Established Member
Glad you guys made it out ok ! Crazy...

Does appear totaled, not because it can't be fixed, but cost wise to repair

Replacement parts from stealer, labor for install, paint, possible damage to frame... yeah, sorry but it looks like a total loss.

05 GT

Established Member
The bald tires on the back didn't help at all Im sure. It was in the rain late Sat/early Sun. I talked to the adjuster and she was at $9k and had more to go. How much more, I didn't ask. Thanks for the kind words, but Im not liking it totaled. Its paid off in 18 months.

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
looks pretty totalled to me. with that much damage you are better off with it getting totaled and getting a new one. Cars with that much damage often never drive like they did before the crash, no matter how well it is repaired

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
not to be a douche, but you had the speedo set on 70 DURING the rain+ bald rear tires.....what the hell was going through your head on that decision.

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
From the pics the frame rails looks ok. New: hood, radiator support, radiator?, a/c heat exchanger?, lights, front faica, outer + inner fenders, rear bumper, wheels, suspension stuff and some paint. I could fix that car in 4-5 days - paint, if I had all the parts and someone to provide beer and company :)

To bad Im in Sweden though :(

So here's my advise. Buy the car back, cheap. Buy GT500 hood, front facia and lights. Find someone that can replace the inner fenders and weld the new ones there + radiator support. Rest is bolt on as long as the frame rails are ok! They can be straightened to though!

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Looks pretty bad to me I would not take the chance to repair it. I would have them total it out and get yourself another one. Resale value would be shot as well onvce they find out how much dollar damage to get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread