my compression

elyrain

Established Member
What is the chamber of the fr500 heads? I have stock heads with flattops and it's about 10.4:1. I don't think you can get above 11 without going with a slight dome.

NXSVTCOBRA

10.5:1 or so is what you are running. exactly what 10.??? doesn't really matter, you're just in the ballpark of 10.5:1

what is the cc size of the fr500 heads?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Your compression can be anywhere from 9.9-10.8. There are a lot of factors that determine compression like piston to deck clearance, valve relief volume, gasket thickness, Combustion chamber CCs, etc.

Do your pistons have valve reliefs? If they do, you are probably closer to 10 to 1 than 10.5 to 1.

Did you get a build sheet?

These are the factors that determine compresison ratio:

Last edited:

silver2001cobra

Established Member
Your compression can be anywhere from 9.9-10.8. There are a lot of factors that determine compression like piston to deck clearance, valve relief volume, gasket thickness, Combustion chamber CCs, etc.

Do your pistons have valve reliefs? If they do, you are probably closer to 10 to 1 than 10.5 to 1.

Did you get a build sheet?

These are the factors that determine compresison ratio:
no i didn`t get a built sheeti had the motor built 4 years ago.Also ,there is no valve reliefs on the pistons

silver2001cobra

Established Member
Guess you will only be using nos on this motor.
no nos for me,if its 10.5:1 ,i still might go boost,just small amount.I just some power now,having 360 rwhp 2 years ago was cool,but people are starting to pass me by.fr500 intake was an option,but to find out i might loose some mid-range power.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
no nos for me,if its 10.5:1 ,i still might go boost,just small amount.I just some power now,having 360 rwhp 2 years ago was cool,but people are starting to pass me by.fr500 intake was an option,but to find out i might loose some mid-range power.

What cams are ya using? I ask because with only 220 deg dur my PTV clearance was pretty tight without valve reliefs.

Users who are viewing this thread