My Comp Orange Gt build 2v 4.6 to 5.0 Coyote Swap

tj4891

Established Member
Nice swap I would love to do this to my gt some day. Are putting a blower on it eventually?

maybe, i might just do 100 shot just for the track or something but right now just bolt ons and a tune

Holy shit! What does a 5.0 long block cost? Looks great! CLEAN THAT ENGINE BAY!!! ;-)

i did alil but it really just needs to be painted. Ford only painted half of it, i think they only painted the cobras engine bay

6200 shipped

Id be really interested to see what times you can put down with that thing.

im shooting for 11.8s, they're a couple of 5.0s running with the same bolt ons that ill have and they are push 440 to the wheel running 11.8s. I should be alot lighter then them. But we will see :rockon:

How much work was needed for them to get the fit right? I see the K member but what else? Still room for A/C and accessories? Kick ass build by the way.

I have been told you can keep the stock kmember but i didn't wanna chance it. Maximum Motorsports makes a kmember that fits the stock oil pan on the 5.0 but it was like 800 just for the kmember no arms or anything so i went with the upr kmember and the aftermarket pan. There is a company in Georgia that make special bracket for the powering steering and moves the ac to the other side of the motor but you will have to do custom lines i think. Ac was deleted on the car when i put the built 2v in it, so i am not worrying about it. It bolts right to a t56 or 3650 and same clutch as a 04 gt i think a 11in fly wheel. hope that helps alil

You think you could give us an idea about how much it cost to do the swap (just parts and what parts were needed exactly) That would be awesome man.

Great build!

6200 for motor,
1500 pcm and harnesss,
350 alternator kit,
500 power steering bracket
800 for longtubes, hpipe
700 kmember coilovers,
350 oil pan
900 fuel sytem (needs to be a return style)
500 i replaced my clutch while it was out
i am sure i am missing something but that a rough idea of what you r going to need i have a complete list but it with the car at the shop, i know it roughly came out it be 12k in the hole swap but i sold my old setup for 7k so really not to bad i guess lol

Hope to see this in oc

o yea ill be there:beer:

svtrookie

Established Member
Sweet build man! It looked like it was cOming together when I saw it on the lift at Adams over the weekend.

flattrack53

Established Member
Sweet build man! It looked like it was cOming together when I saw it on the lift at Adams over the weekend.

+1... I saw it on Friday and Saturday. That is a very cool build! I can't wait to see it when its done. It really is amazing how well that motor fits in that car. It certainly beats an 03-04 swap :beer:

tj4891

Established Member
Sweet build!! Will the car be faster after the swap though?
Well..... thats a good question lol the car will be around 440 hp and almost 200 lbs lighter on coil overs and ill be able to shift at 7200 rpms so we will see. The main reasoning im doing the swap is i dont have to worry about blower issues. I was spinning the kb to the max. It was going to be about the same price to upgrade the blower and heads and cams. So ill probably end up with less hp but a pretty cool swap:banana:

Looks awesome! This is great for new edge 2V guys thinking of doing something new.

I really didnt wanna do a cobra swap or put much more into a 2v.

+1... I saw it on Friday and Saturday. That is a very cool build! I can't wait to see it when its done. It really is amazing how well that motor fits in that car. It certainly beats an 03-04 swap :beer:

Me either!!! It fits great and it does beat another cobra swap gt. I am not saying that its not nice to see a cobra swap just seem like alot of people have done one.

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
Well..... thats a good question lol the car will be around 440 hp and almost 200 lbs lighter on coil overs and ill be able to shift at 7200 rpms so we will see. The main reasoning im doing the swap is i dont have to worry about blower issues. I was spinning the kb to the max. It was going to be about the same price to upgrade the blower and heads and cams. So ill probably end up with less hp but a pretty cool swap:banana:

Hey I'll line up next to you when you get it on the road so we can findout lol

tj4891

Established Member
Update!!! Pics!!!

So i went down to bother the guys a revolution today and got some more pictures and a update. Basically Adam got this hole thing worked out in his head, he is on the ball with it. They made custom bracket for the new gas pedal because it is drive by wire. The pedal comes in the harness kit, they special made the bracket to bolt to the old bolts holes then just relocates the studs so you can bolt up the new pedal. They also made a bracket to mount the one box in the glove box. Its like a system failure box just lets you know everything is running good. They are having some issues trying to figure out the best location for the pcm right now so its in the front seat lol. They have a new shop number down there if guys need any work or questions and they got a dyno (410) 882-0424
:beer:

on all four ....

from behind ....

new gas pedal for drive by wire that come with the harness kit, custom made bracket

not sure what this called but it mounted in the glove box to check all the systems to make sure they are functioning right

More wires lol..

pcm..

couple more goodies and Im going to get them painted black and orange to match, should look good when finshed up

Users who are viewing this thread