My Cobra is hesitating after BAP + upgrade install

roushstage2

Established Member
SpeedRacerXX1 said:
would of took everything back out and checked to see if car was ok...
then if ok redo the work.......then if prob persists check wiring...and double check....then ask someone else to check....if your not sure....but dont ever bring car to dealer with stuff like that on it where you cut into harness cause thats what they will blame everything on....no matter what

Well my car is out of warrenty already, so they would have charged anyway. Although I wish I would have done a little more investigating, I think i would have had I known it was going to cost this much.

Hindsite is always 20/20 ;-)

roushstage2

Established Member
03silvr10thvert said:
Well, since you don't have your car to check right now, I would strongly suggest you go step by step through your BAP wire upgrade with these instructions and pics in hand as soon as you get it back.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246183

I followed those instructions along with the lethal perf. instructions. I really dont think it had anything to do with the BAP or upgrade. I know the BAP was working correctly because I dataloged the duty cycle with the predator. If anything it had to do with the MAFxtender install. I am almost positive I did the MAFxtender install correct also. My guess is that some wire was pinched when I put everything back. I will try to find out what caused this when I pick the car up.

roushstage2

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
What sort of relay? Hell you can buy relays anywhere.

It was the Central Control Relay Module (CCRM) I think. I sure was shocked when he told me the price, but I just hope that this fixes everything and it does not cost anymore.

roushstage2

Established Member
After doing further research this weekend, I found that the FPDM wire that I cut (green/yellow) to install the BAP and upgrade goes directly to the CCRM. Then 2 days after I installed the BAP, the CCRM goes bad. I just got the car back from the dealership with $500 less in my pocket.

The dealership tells me that nothing I installed caused the CCRM to go bad, but I find that hard to believe. Can turning the BAP knob up to 50% cause the CCRM to go bad? I was datalogging it to make sure that the fuel pump duty cycle went down so I turned it up.

I would like to try and find what went wrong, because I dont want the CCRM to go bad again ($$$$). I will check my BAP and upgrade wiring again, but I am 99% sure I installed it correct. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread