My Cobra gets a facelift!!! :)

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Hey Everyone!

When I was at Cecil the other night Some idiot kid in a Dodge Ram backed into my Cobra. Well, I needed a new hood, and front bumper.

SO, My new 03 Cobra Hood and Front bumper are being put on as we speak at his shop. Insurance is covering all of it. It should be done either Friday or Monday. I am so excited, I love the mean look of the 03 Front ends and now I won't have a V6 Mustang hood, lol.

I will post up pics when it is completed.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sucks that that happened but sometimes it's a good thing. Makes me wish someone would steal my eaton so I can replace it with a whipple! Looking forward to the pics!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Joe, that thing is gonna look mean my friend! Sorry about the numb nuts you had to deal with but the car will surely look sick. :beer:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Sucks that that happened but sometimes it's a good thing. Makes me wish someone would steal my eaton so I can replace it with a whipple! Looking forward to the pics!

Just leave your hood up all the time with a sign on your Eaton that says:

EATON SUPERCHARGER:
FREE TO A GOOD HOME!
KTHXBYE!

mikeD4V

Established Member
sucks it happened but at least something good came out of it. pretty cool it's gonna be back on the road that quick too considering shipping and paint..

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
mikeD4V said:
sucks it happened but at least something good came out of it. pretty cool it's gonna be back on the road that quick too considering shipping and paint..

A friend of mine owns the shop. They are using OEM Ford parts so he got Norris to overnight the parts. :) Helps to know most of the body shops in the state. I used to work outside sales for WHolesale parts and sold to a lot of shpps in the state. SO he is hooking me up for hooking him up. He does awesome work too and has four Mustangs of his own. Including a 68 K code, and a 2005 GT

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Well at least you caught the kid and were able to work with him on the insurance. Unlike when I was nailed in my Bimmer a few years ago...Walked out from shopping and some butthead had hit me and left no note or anything..so, I got stuck with a $700.00 bill cause my deductible was $500.00...so it made no sense to even go to the insurance about it. Ah...the assholes in life!!!!

Although the next time someone pulls a stunt like that..I am going to get the truck...and see if I can run over their car....so..did not want to tell me about tapping my vehicle, eh? How do you like the tire marks I left on the top of your car? Nice, huh?

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Your car is gonna look even better then it did, cant wait to see the pics... :beer:

N2DAMYSTIC said:

I know where you can find a good deal on a Whipple...

mikeD4V

Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
A friend of mine owns the shop. They are using OEM Ford parts so he got Norris to overnight the parts. :) Helps to know most of the body shops in the state. I used to work outside sales for WHolesale parts and sold to a lot of shpps in the state. SO he is hooking me up for hooking him up. He does awesome work too and has four Mustangs of his own. Including a 68 K code, and a 2005 GT

doh, where were you when i got crunched by and explorer last year. j/k, glad to hear things worked out well. good connections are definately where it's at. might have to drop you a line when i get my fenders re-done..

Cobra330 said:
Unlike when I was nailed in my Bimmer a few years ago...Walked out from shopping and some butthead had hit me and left no note or anything..so, I got stuck with a $700.00 bill cause my deductible was $500.00...so it made no sense to even go to the insurance about it. Ah...the assholes in life!!!!

what insurance co do you have? i got towed a little over a year ago and since the car was lowered the front bumper dragged all the way back to their lot. after a big stink and lots of words with the tow company i called my insurance and they told me to bring it to their adjuster that day. the guy took some pics, cut me a check for a new bumper and paint and gave me a list of body shops they deal with in the area. he said that since it wasn't my fault i didn't have to pay the deductible and that they would persue it with the tow co in court. they finally got the $ from the tow company but it took a year and a half.

G03SVT

Banned
Thanks Joe (SnakeinMD) for giving me John's number, I spoke with him today and my insurance is sending him an assignment so everything can be done from his shop. I owe you a :beer:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
mikeD4V said:
doh, where were you when i got crunched by and explorer last year. j/k, glad to hear things worked out well. good connections are definately where it's at. might have to drop you a line when i get my fenders re-done..

what insurance co do you have? i got towed a little over a year ago and since the car was lowered the front bumper dragged all the way back to their lot. after a big stink and lots of words with the tow company i called my insurance and they told me to bring it to their adjuster that day. the guy took some pics, cut me a check for a new bumper and paint and gave me a list of body shops they deal with in the area. he said that since it wasn't my fault i didn't have to pay the deductible and that they would persue it with the tow co in court. they finally got the $ from the tow company but it took a year and a half.

Allstate...and I probably should have pursued it just to see what would happen..I was just so pissed I could not see straight. The damn car was less than a year old. Next time I will probably call them and at least investigate...

mikeD4V

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Allstate...and I probably should have pursued it just to see what would happen..I was just so pissed I could not see straight. The damn car was less than a year old. Next time I will probably call them and at least investigate...

i know what you mean, i almost got into a fist fight with the tow truck driver and the owner of the place. they were out of line and i was in no mood. i hate paying a little more for geico(prob cause of my driving record but hey) but they always take care of me when i need something.

Users who are viewing this thread