My car is badass

Turbosixx

Established Member
Drove the car 9 hours to Bowling Green and back. Averaged 26 mpg on the trip and runs 10.70's in less than perfect weather. The auto 5.0 with TVS tuned by Justin is the complete package!

That is all.

cdog1157

Established Member
Wow, that is bad ass. I'm just amazed how u get better mpg than me with a SC on your car. Best I've seen is 23mpg on a 3 hour trip and that was babying it to see the most I could get.

Turbosixx

Established Member
That's hand calculated, although the computer was close. Set the cruise at 75.

Really impressive that the car makes great power can be driven anywhere and will run 10's all day long.

Yeah I did the install.

I didn't start the thread to brag, just wanted a catchy title. But when you really put it into perspective, the 5.0 with ANY power adder is an awesome combo.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
You were at BG today? Did they have a rental or something in the morning or did I miss seeing your car? Only late model mustangs I seen were a 2011 GT500 with a big blower and a blue what looked like a V6 2010+.

I was there this afternoon and ran a 10.708 @ 131, I'll make my own post later when I convert the videos.

Congrats.

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
You were at BG today? Did they have a rental or something in the morning or did I miss seeing your car? Only late model mustangs I seen were a 2011 GT500 with a big blower and a blue what looked like a V6 2010+.

I was there this afternoon and ran a 10.708 @ 131, I'll make my own post later when I convert the videos.

Congrats.

No Kevin, I was there last week for the GS Nationals. Congrats on the new best.

davidhuff

Established Member

Congrats.
Congrats on that 131 MPH!

kevinp

Established Member

I was going to go last week then I looked at the schedule, went today instead. I wasnt hooking that well and the trans was shifting a little weird, I put the 82mm pulley on this morning and loaded up the tune when I got to the track (had the family with so I towed up there). But it still ran OK even though it wasnt shifting perfect, of course I forget that stupid SCT dongle so I couldnt change anything in the tune.

But I'll take the .70, weather was decent (+500 DA) but there like a 15-20mph headwind. Still more than happy with the car, its not a race car so just about anything in the 10s on pump gas with stock suspension and stock wheels/drag radials makes me happy..

Turbosixx

Established Member
I was going to go last week then I looked at the schedule, went today instead. I wasnt hooking that well and the trans was shifting a little weird, I put the 82mm pulley on this morning and loaded up the tune when I got to the track (had the family with so I towed up there). But it still ran OK even though it wasnt shifting perfect, of course I forget that stupid SCT dongle so I couldnt change anything in the tune.

But I'll take the .70, weather was decent (+500 DA) but there like a 15-20mph headwind. Still more than happy with the car, its not a race car so just about anything in the 10s on pump gas with stock suspension and stock wheels/drag radials makes me happy..

That's awesome. That mph is definately looking good. I wish you could have made a pass in BG last Friday, the weather was perfect. The GN's were running new bests one after another.
Yeah the .70 is awesome for 18" drag radials, but 131 mph is awesome. Can't wait to see the vids.

kevinp

Established Member

That's awesome. That mph is definately looking good. I wish you could have made a pass in BG last Friday, the weather was perfect. The GN's were running new bests one after another.
Yeah the .70 is awesome for 18" drag radials, but 131 mph is awesome. Can't wait to see the vids.

I made a new post with the vid, cell phone vid is all I have so its not that great. This was kind of a last minute trip, weather was similar today to last Friday. The mph looks pretty good, too good because that makes me want to better the 60 foot a little - but I dont want to start down that road ;)

Bud

Established Member
Very nice times on both cars! Jealous of your nice DA's and still having tracks open this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread