My car has been stored since mid November with the E-Brake pulled...is this bad?

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm really getting the itch to go and get my car, but I sold my condo and since we can't move into our hew house until May 6th, I can't bring it home:nonono: When I stored the car at my Dad's warehouse, I pulled the e-brake...not really hard, but it is pulled. Is sitting with the e-brake pulled for 4-5 months a bad thing? The warehouse doesn't get below 40 degrees...if that means anything.

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
i think u will be fine? sound like to me give here a fresh oil change, and check the tire psi & misc etc and ur good to go!

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

Established Member
I know I worry too much, but this is the first time its been "stored" out of my sight.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
You should be fine man.
Worst case, get a good lubricant and hit all the exposed areas of the cable and cycle the e brake a few times.

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
whenever i store or even park my cobra i only engage the e brake a max of 2 clicks. most of the time it is parked on level gorund so it won't roll plus i always put it in 1st gear.

Nicky Pass

Established Member
whenever i store or even park my cobra i only engage the e brake a max of 2 clicks. most of the time it is parked on level gorund so it won't roll plus i always put it in 1st gear.

Thats what I did. 1st gear and 2-3 clicks.

Sweetwater

2003 Mustang Cobra
Established Member
Cars are shipped overseas all the time with their e-brakes pulled, in the salty air, for long periods of time. You should be fine.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
no worries....I store my car with the parking brake pulled pretty tight for 5 months out of the year.

unless the car is parked on a hill, it's not going to cuase any problems...it's not like the car is resting against nothing but the parking break

you'll be fine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't fret. I stored mine two winters from November - March with the emergency brake on. Never was an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread