my car has arrived!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Matt, gorgeous car! We'll have to hook up sometime in the Spring/Summer. I'd love to see it. Are you a member of the LMMC-CT?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Matt sweet ride! Nice color to ;) id like to check that car out sometime. Im in CT as well. As Bob said check out lmmc. www.lmmc-ct.com its a Local club. Lots of nice people and cars

Dave

Feary

Established Member
Whats up guys guess I can start my first post out on this thread. I recently sold my 02 WS6 b/c of tisket problems and a loss of my license. In a couple months I will be in the market for another sports car. Right now its Supra/WS6/SS/C5 I have thought about 03 Cobra's and Saleen's so I came here to do my research. I got to run 1, 03 before I sold my T/A anyway and it was bone stock to my GmmG/FIPK2/Lou's Short Stick. I won but didn't expect it at all, not sure what speed we kicked at something in second gear on his 3rd honk. I walked away from him until I shut down somewhere in 4th, Stopped after talked a little then went our seperate ways until I met up with him again on the boards. The Cobra owner posted on LS1.com about it and I got to know him a little and he was a nice guy, and nice car. We raced 3 times me winning 2 out of 3, I missed a shift when I lost and he spun horrible on one of them so I dont really even count those. Thats when we took it to the highway for the last race. I decided to call it quits after the 3rd race because at the time I had already lost my license, hence why I sold my car even without a license I was still racing and had to give up Sports Cars for a year. But enough about all that not really the thread to be introducing myself. I have always loved Saleens by far, But am not sure on what kinda power for what year. It would deff half to be the new body style. So whats the diff between the 99's and newer ones? Are there any big HP diff or if you went with a 99 could you hold your own with any year Saleen. S281 of course, not getting into the S281-E or any of that. What kinda price range would you be looking at for a S281 Saleen Vert or hardtop and what kinda HP numbers stock? Also how much potential to get more power out of them without spending alot of money? As you can see I have a ton of questions and need to hit the Search button but I was trying to introduce myself a little and find out about this guys gorgeous Saleen. Thanks for the time and any advice you can give me.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03MUSTANGSVT
I've been trying to figure out a way to get my car from Maryland to up state New York to have a KB installed - how did you find this auto moving service? Do you have their telephone number?
Couldn't Amazon just do it???

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Excuse me for my ignorance, but doesn't Saleen use a roots/screw type supercharger as opposed to the Vortech that I see in your engine pic??

CTmatt

Established Member
you are correct dan. the original owner purposely found a non supercharged saleen because he didnt like the stock one, and put on the vortech himself. you can reach the hauling company here.

www.intercitylines.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread