My car got side-swiped, now I have over $1,000...What shoud I spend it on?

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
How about give it back to the insurance company?

Just kidding man... put it in the bank. there are some really good rates out there now on savings accounts if you go to the right place.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
posi said:
RSXFMCJWR said:
Well my little honda got side-swiped when my car was stopped and the other car was going about 5 mph. Thier insurance just cut me a check yesterday for repair costs for a little over $1k. Well, I went to autozone and got some rubbing compound and it took all the marks out of the door, fender, and bumper. You can't even tell that it was ever hit now. So now I have that $1k burning a hole in my pocket.

You should've known that the shit was going to rub out! And people wonder why insurance is so phucking high! It's because of low lifes like you:loser: that take advantage of it! Why don't you call the guy or the insurance company and tell them there was no damage!:cuss: Now the other guy has a accident on his record and his insurance is probably going to go up because of some a-hole:mj: ! Also now you're on the web saying there was no damage done and you're going to pocket the money!

There is still a slight crease in the metal of the door that runs across half of the door. That is why it would cost 1 grand to fix. They would have to use body filler on the crease then repaint the door and the fender. All I did was buff out the scuff marks that were there. If you look closely though or run your fingers across the metal you can still tell there is a crease, you just can't see it unless you know what you are looking for. So yes, there is actual damage to the car, no insurance fraud here.

Whizzle

Established Member
Longhornd00d said:
Yea. It's depressing. But I'm having to put myself through school, so I'm having to take out loans and work.

Hey man its no big deal. Most of the people I go to school with are having to do the same thing. If you dont mind me asking, what is your tuition a year?

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Whizzle said:
Hey man its no big deal. Most of the people I go to school with are having to do the same thing. If you dont mind me asking, what is your tuition a year?

Tuition alone is around $8500. Books, room and board, etc. tack on another $8k-$10k.:kaboom:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
posi said:
RSXFMCJWR said:
Well my little honda got side-swiped when my car was stopped and the other car was going about 5 mph. Thier insurance just cut me a check yesterday for repair costs for a little over $1k. Well, I went to autozone and got some rubbing compound and it took all the marks out of the door, fender, and bumper. You can't even tell that it was ever hit now. So now I have that $1k burning a hole in my pocket.

You should've known that the shit was going to rub out! And people wonder why insurance is so phucking high! It's because of low lifes like you:loser: that take advantage of it! Why don't you call the guy or the insurance company and tell them there was no damage!:cuss: Now the other guy has a accident on his record and his insurance is probably going to go up because of some a-hole:mj: ! Also now you're on the web saying there was no damage done and you're going to pocket the money!

The guy ran into him...his insurance should go up you ****ing idiot. Maybe then, he'll learn how to drive. You're just like RDJ you self-righteous POS.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Longhornd00d said:
Tuition alone is around $8500. Books, room and board, etc. tack on another $8k-$10k.:kaboom:

Texas is that pricey? Jesus christ. Are you out of state or something? Tuition at Auburn is a little under 6 grand a year.

Whizzle

Established Member
Matts00GT said:
Texas is that pricey? Jesus christ. Are you out of state or something? Tuition at Auburn is a little under 6 grand a year.

Dang, I think its around 24k a year for out of state

edit: auburn that is

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
posi said:

Well, if the insurance company is that stupid where they don't see that a 100 dollar buff and detail won't take it out, they deserve to lose that money. One of my friends got rear-ended in his F150, and was given 1500 or so to repair it. When it came out of the body shop, the bill was only 700 bucks. Why was that? It was cheaper to buy a new bumper than to paint the old one, but the insurance company refused to replace it and instead got a quote to re-paint it.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Matts00GT said:

Nope. I am instate. Out of state tuition is around 12-15k plus room and board and books and things.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Matts00GT said:
posi said:
The guy ran into him...his insurance should go up you ****ing idiot. Maybe then, he'll learn how to drive. You're just like RDJ you self-righteous POS.

He cleared it up that he has a dent so then money is earned! So I agree with what he did! Who in the F is RDJ? RDJ does not equal POSI! Dumbass!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey RSXFMCJWR good luck with your new job evidentally and paying off your loans! There's something to be said about individuals that put themselves through college!:beer:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
posi said:
Hey RSXFMCJWR good luck with your new job evidentally and paying off your loans! There's something to be said about individuals that put themselves through college!:beer:

Thanks man. And as far as there being something to be said about individuals that put themselves through college....sure there is....their broke! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread