My car got side-swiped, now I have over $1,000...What shoud I spend it on?

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Well my little honda got side-swiped when my car was stopped and the other car was going about 5 mph. Thier insurance just cut me a check yesterday for repair costs for a little over $1k. Well, I went to autozone and got some rubbing compound and it took all the marks out of the door, fender, and bumper. You can't even tell that it was ever hit now. So now I have that $1k burning a hole in my pocket.
But here is my dilemma. I have about $10k in credit card debt(from supporting myself through college) and I really want to put this $1k towards paying that off. But, since moving to little rock about 3 weeks ago, I have really been tossing around the idea of getting a handgun(H&K USP compact) and getting a CCW license for protection. Either that or getting a shotgun for home protection. I live in a pretty good area and I never see any shady looking characters or crackheads walking around, but since I have always lived in small cities with almost no crime at all, the thought of being in little rock(and working in downtown little rock) has got me feeling a little nervous I guess.
So what do you guys think I should do? Would it be wise to get the protection first?(I guess it doesn't matter how much debt you have if you are killed by a mugger or a burglar huh)?

Last edited:

overweight5.0

Established Member
I would put it all towards your school loans, or buy a used/quality inexpensive hand gun and put the rest towards your loans.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Why do you guys have to be so responsible, you should have told me to spend it on crack or something. Anyway, I will go ahead and use it to pay off a good chunk of the CC debt like you guys told me to.

Thanks again for talking some sense into me. :beer:

Whizzle

Established Member
Longhornd00d said:
I'm at $25k right now because of school. And I'm only a sophomore.:cuss:

DDDDAAAANNNNNGGGGG!!!! Im in school and im $3000 up right now, Im hoping I never get in the hole before I graduate

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Buy random crap that you dont really need, then buy more random crap on top of the random crap that you just bought. Proceed to buy even more random crap. Rinse and repeat.

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
spend ($100) a little on yourself and pay the rest towards the bills, thats my policy for bonus checks and other unexpected income i get.

RGrossman

Established Member
Matts00GT said:
Im guessing you dont own a house...

+1. I don't know many that can pay for school, a home or even a nice car without a loan.

You should definitly pay off the credit card though. You don't want a large balance when it breaks the interest free period.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
xl2ockl3ottomx said:
spend ($100) a little on yourself and pay the rest towards the bills, thats my policy for bonus checks and other unexpected income i get.

+1

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Whizzle said:
DDDDAAAANNNNNGGGGG!!!! Im in school and im $3000 up right now, Im hoping I never get in the hole before I graduate

Yea. It's depressing. But I'm having to put myself through school, so I'm having to take out loans and work.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
RSXFMCJWR said:
Well my little honda got side-swiped when my car was stopped and the other car was going about 5 mph. Thier insurance just cut me a check yesterday for repair costs for a little over $1k. Well, I went to autozone and got some rubbing compound and it took all the marks out of the door, fender, and bumper. You can't even tell that it was ever hit now. So now I have that $1k burning a hole in my pocket.

You should've known that the shit was going to rub out! And people wonder why insurance is so phucking high! It's because of low lifes like you:loser: that take advantage of it! Why don't you call the guy or the insurance company and tell them there was no damage!:cuss: Now the other guy has a accident on his record and his insurance is probably going to go up because of some a-hole:mj: ! Also now you're on the web saying there was no damage done and you're going to pocket the money!

Users who are viewing this thread