My camping trip in Mexico.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
First off if anyone in Florida is looking for a trailer buy a Loudo Trailer, best trailer I have ever owned.

Now lets see how much I paid for Diesel in Mexico.

normal_GOFO_08_013.jpg

That is $2.19 a gallon. And before you say it, no it is not a inferior fuel, no it will not ruin the engine. I know a lot of people who run this every day in their trucks.

Here are some pictures of my trip. It was beautiful weather, 85 for a high and around 70 at night. We took the truck, sand rail and one quad with us. My kids are 10 and 3. My 10 year old Daughter learned how to ride the wifes 350 Raptor and my Son loves to ride in the rail.

normal_GOFO_08_040.jpg

Beach Cruise

normal_GOFO_08_036.jpg

Racing the toys up the Machorro

normal_GOFO_08_035.jpg

Self pic of my daughter and I in the rail.

normal_GOFO_08_038.jpg

Police in Mexico. Yes they will pull you over( we were lucky and he waved us through)So it is not only our government(BPA) who set up stops. I also had to go through an actual Military stop/search(.50 cal and M-16 pointed at you). I did not get pics because the wife told me to put the camera away.

normal_GOFO_08_078.jpg

Mexican sunset

normal_GOFO_08_069.jpg

My Cousins bad ass long travel hand built Jeep. 22" of travel in the rear.

normal_GOFO_08_003.jpg

Our Port A Potty...LOL... Yep that is a toilet seat mounted to the golf carts trailer hitch.

normal_GOFO_08_064.jpg

Going into Mexico is a blast and a lot of fun for us(the wife still has family there). It also lets my daughter know how lucky she is. Now with that being said I still don't care what reason any illegal uses to justify invading our country. As an American citizen, I follow the rules of Mexico and understand what happens if you do not. Mexican citizens should be forced to do the same if/when they invade our country and get caught.

Some "NICER" roadside housing in Mexico on the way to Golfo.

normal_GOFO_08_017.jpg

normal_GOFO_08_016.jpg

Getting ready to head back to the USA. We are outside our friend Ramon's place in Mexico. Yes my truck is higher than his families living space. That is why you can't see it.

normal_GOFO_08_073.jpg

Crossing back over. GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!!

normal_GOFO_08_082.jpg

normal_GOFO_08_083.jpg

Topping off the tank on the way back to Vegas. $4.77 someone please explain this???

normal_GOFO_08_091.jpg

VPF

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Looks like a fun trip - nice exhaust tip location on the dodge. What is up with that gas?

The trip is great. The first few times I went it was an un-easy feeling. At times it still is. I am actually moving the exhaust tip out back. But it is fun to blast some black smoke on asshole drivers...LOL...

I have yet to hear and explanation for the HUGE!!! price difference on the diesel? Regular gas is a lot cheaper, but I would never run anything but there 96( I believe thats what it is) gas.

VPF

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$2.19 for diesel in Mexico. $4.95 - $5.25 up here. Aggravating, ain't it?

Looks like that was a fun visit to Mexico. I've never been there. Closest I ever got was El Paso, TX.

texaswrx

Established Member
Great pics VPF, and a nice family as well. I only have one son,4, and he loves the 4 wheelers as well. Hell, anything motorized, especially motorcycles.

verbal

Established Member
I have yet to hear and explanation for the HUGE!!! price difference on the diesel? Regular gas is a lot cheaper, but I would never run anything but there 96( I believe thats what it is) gas.

VPF

The gas industry in Mexico is state run. The huge price difference is a result of price control by the Mexican government.

My old man retired on the Pacific Coast of Mexico a few years ago. He bought a condo on the beach for next to nothing, actually saves money every month from his social security payment, and gets really cheap and good health care. Your money goes a lot further in Mexico. He loves living down there.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
$2.19 for diesel in Mexico. $4.95 - $5.25 up here. Aggravating, ain't it?

Looks like that was a fun visit to Mexico. I've never been there. Closest I ever got was El Paso, TX.

YES IT IS!!!!! It is a lot of fun. Being older with kids we camp way way far away from the action. A lot less chance for trouble.

Great pics VPF, and a nice family as well. I only have one son,4, and he loves the 4 wheelers as well. Hell, anything motorized, especially motorcycles.

Thanks. Both of the kids are into motor sports. My daughter wants to ride with me at the track next time I go.

The gas industry in Mexico is state run. The huge price difference is a result of price control by the Mexican government.

My old man retired on the Pacific Coast of Mexico a few years ago. He bought a condo on the beach for next to nothing, actually saves money every month from his social security payment, and gets really cheap and good health care. Your money goes a lot further in Mexico. He loves living down there.

We are looking at buying some land there. My Father and Mother in Law are resident aliens so they can own the land with less problems than my wife and I. We can get the land on the left 1/2 acre(forth pic from the bottom) next to our friends place for 10,000 US. So four of us might pitch in and buy it, build a house and have a place to stay.

nice cummins man :thumbsup:
great pics. looked like fun!

The Cummins is great. The transmission that Dodge put behind it is shit. After the Banks and other upgrades we have around $4,000.00 into the transmission. Running 10psi in the tires, I pulled that Suburban with trailer attached out of the sand like nothing and it was buried up to the rockers.

VPF

nezander

Established Member
The diesel we have here now is much more expensive because it is much more highly refined, due to the highly restrictive rules enforced now by the EPA. It has to burn much cleaner than the diesel used by other countries. Note I didn't say burn better, just cleaner. The old dirty diesel we used to buy worked just fine, but tree huggers didn't enjoy huge clouds of black diesel exhaust billowing all over the highways, so now we have clean burning diesel for $5 a gallon. This is what happens when the government plays with the free market. Enjoy.

inferno03

Established Member
where in Mexico were you, were you more on the border side of the country?
looked like a fun trip!

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Buddy of mine w/ an F350 just went down there, filled up, filled up 2 55 gallon drums he brought with him, and drove back home (we're in San Diego). I don't think he will ever buy diesel in the California again!

The above, we calculated, saved $370!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
where in Mexico were you, were you more on the border side of the country?
looked like a fun trip!

normal_GOFO_08_018.jpg

Golfo is about 70 miles south of the Yuma/Mexico boarder, on the Sea Of Cortez. Rocky Point is about 45 minutes farther down the beach.

VPF

***EDIT***

Buddy of mine w/ an F350 just went down there, filled up, filled up 2 55 gallon drums he brought with him, and drove back home (we're in San Diego). I don't think he will ever buy diesel in the California again!

The above, we calculated, saved $370!

I know people who put big tanks in the back of their trucks and fill them up. I know the refinery process is more strict in the US, but my truck seemed to have just as much black smoke with US diesel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread