My Cammed G8 GXP

CLN 6R

Established Member
Car was built by Chad Barton of CBI Streetcars just south of St. Louis.

Parts list:

TSP LS3 231/236 .641"/615" 112 LSA Cam
PRC .650" Dual Valve Spring Kit
Comp Cams Trunion Upgrade Kit
Katech C5R Timing Chain and LS7 3-bolt Conversion Sprocket
LS2 Dampener
Melling High Volume Oil Pump
Kooks 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Jet Hot 1700 Sterling Silver coating
Kooks Catted Connection pipes
New Hardened Pushrods
Stock Throttlebody Port
BMR rear Cradle Bushing/Differential Bushing Kit
1.5" Widened stock GXP wheels/.75" adapters
295/30/19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires

Idle Vid - TSP 231/236 G8 GXP - YouTube

Dyno vids - Cammed G8 GXP Dyno 2 - YouTube

Cammed G8 GXP Dyno - YouTube

Car made 464/423. Mustang Dyno, 92 degree heat, 40% humidity. Not too shabby.

Overlaid the old 415/405 dyno runs from when I only had an intake, high flow cats, catback, and tune, so you can see the difference.

c1db7330.jpg

9014b470.jpg

Also weighed the car, without me in it, and it had a little less than a half a tank. I'm pretty surprised, and thought it'd be more, but this includes the heavier/widened rear wheels/bigger tires, and my subwoofer setup in the trunk.

85d68b46.jpg

CLN 6R

Established Member
.75" adapters from Motorsport-Tech

e55abd10.jpg

6861cba9.jpg

d81f9bc6.jpg

Ran into some issues with the adapters along the way, the nuts they sent me were too small for the studs, so had to find one's that were bigger, correct pitch, and were shallow enough to fit in the divots of the adapters. Big thanks to a buddy of mine, he cut a 1/2 inch off of the stock studs, and he grinded down his 7/8 drive to fit the holes on the adapters to tighten them down. Also, the nuts I got sat flush, once torqued down!

a28ffed6.jpg

73be1121.jpg

45b47d37.jpg

512a8951.jpg

64908bbd.jpg

5342d0a8.jpg

0b9a7860.jpg

6792363665_2aff807890_b.jpg

959d7ebd.jpg

ALLNTRL

Established Member
A buddy at work just sold his GXP G8, just wait till he see's this!!!! :D Those wheels are PIMP as Shit!!! Those made ALL the difference in the world!!! Looks GREAT!!! :eek::bowdown::thumbsup:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
cammed Z06's are sweet

but something about a 4 door car sounding like that is just wicked, and these G8 are just amazing

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have a really awesome looking G8! I, too, love the wheels (and the stance). Question. On that second dyno video did they hit the rev limiter. Sounded like it. You sure are making some impressive power there.

ViciousJay

Established Member
One car ive always wanted. Im sure after 2 years or so ill have one for a DD and hte stang will be gone. I wisht he G8's came with a manual :( but that thing looks SICK!!!!!!!

CLN 6R

Established Member
A buddy at work just sold his GXP G8, just wait till he see's this!!!! :D Those wheels are PIMP as Shit!!! Those made ALL the difference in the world!!! Looks GREAT!!! :eek::bowdown::thumbsup:
Thanks man. It looks SOOO much better than the stock 245's that come on the car from the factory. THIS is how it should have came from the factory.
Good job on those rear wheels!
Thanks!
VERY nice car! I love that cam, those square port heads tend to do really well with big split cams. I bet it runs surprisingly strong!
Yep, this cam is really popular with the 5th Gen Camaro guys, and after all the vids/testimonials, I knew it was the cam for me. Keep in mind, this power was made on a 92 degree day, with 40% humidity, on a heart-breaker Mustang Dyno. On a cool day, on a Dynojet, I'm sure it'll make 475+! This is all still with cats, and the stock underdrive pulley.
You have a really awesome looking G8! I, too, love the wheels (and the stance). Question. On that second dyno video did they hit the rev limiter. Sounded like it. You sure are making some impressive power there.
Thanks! Yes, it did hit the limiter. My tuner set it to 6800 (stock is 6600) and it gets up there pretty quick.
One car ive always wanted. Im sure after 2 years or so ill have one for a DD and hte stang will be gone. I wisht he G8's came with a manual :( but that thing looks SICK!!!!!!!
Thank you sir! I was initially going to get a G8 GT, but I couldn't stop thinking about having this car in a manual, and the only way was buying a GXP. Once I drove one, there was no turning back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread