My c6 corvette at idle, major vacuum leak? LOL

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
What? i could have guessed most of that! why so vague? still, sounds killer. my custom ground cam should be in soon. (and im not giving you my specs either)

haha, lol. it honestly probably doesn't matter anymore anyways. i've already told too many people around here, so i guess word has to get around eventually. the cam is a custom ground comp cam .617"/.610" lift 236/242 duration and 111*+2 lsa. fully ported 243 casting heads, 0.040" cometic head gaskets, LG long tube polished SS headers with no cats, LG SS X-pipe, Corsa catback, Melling HV oil pump, Avon progear billet timing set, patriot extreme gold double valve springs w/ titanium retainers and super 8 locks, comp cams 7.425" hardened pushrods, harland sharp 1.7 ratio roller rockers, intake manifold ported by katech, ported throttle body, ARP head, crank, and cam bolts, katech tensioner, halltech venom cai, NGK tr55's, LG oil catch can, yada yada.

happy now?! lol.

Last edited:

mustang196718

Established Member
My opinion. newer Vettes shouldn't sound like that. The newer vette should be tamer @ idle and sound exotic like when accelerating/cuising. For some reason i think a 5.0 Cammed stang should sound like that @ idle.

IMO.

completely understand, your opinion is your opinion. you've gotta remember that i'm kind of an old school car guy, so a big thumpy cam and a great exhaust sound outstanding to me. anyways, to each his own, i'm happy with it.:beer:

mustang196718

Established Member
A new ZR1 dosn't sound like that but I'm sure it'll stay with or beat the car in the video.

true, but the zr1 is blown and could never get away with a valve overlap like what i have, so it would be completely degrading to the performance of it to have it sound like mine. my friend has a procharged c5 z06 thats making 700whp, and he's got a pretty large cam in it, almost the size of mine, but his valve overlap is quite a bit less than mine so that he actually makes power with it being supercharged, hence his idle isn't quite as radical as mine. i think the procharger whistling makes up for the difference though, haha.

Last edited:

mustang196718

Established Member
Was someone making popcorn behind the camera?

lol, popcorn. ironically i had someone make the same comment the other day. gona have to change the idle a little bit now, dammit, lol. just need a personalized plate now that reads "XTRABUTR" :pop:.

mustang196718

Established Member
I didn't know Orville Redenbacher was making exhaust systems for C6 Vettes :lol:

:lol: haha, apparently. at least their's would probably be cheaper than the LG longtubes and corsa catback, lol. you still running a stock catback on your c6?

Last edited:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
its LOUD, I like it. it should scare little kids and joggers off the street

Users who are viewing this thread