My c6 corvette at idle, major vacuum leak? LOL

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
Sounds so much better in person, but this is all I've got for now. This was relatively soon after I finished up all of the motor work. Turned out a lot louder than I expected, lol. Hope you like it.
-Mike

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOZz7ciAGo"]YouTube - Mike's C6 Corvette at Idle[/ame]

Last edited:

venomws6

Established Member
Nothing beats the sound of Cammed LSX Engine NOTHING
(Maybe Carrera GT or an ENZO)

Nothing just those too
lol

Car sounds awesome any info on the setup??

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
thanks for all the compliments guys, minus the solstice comment, lol. i'd rather not post specific details on the setup, but i'll give you guys the jist of it. it's a 6-speed with a big cam, ported heads, cometic head gaskets, slightly raised compression, stainless headers w/no cats, stainless x-pipe, aftermarket catback, high volume oil pump, aftermarket timing set, nice big double valve springs with titanium retainers, hardened pushrods, full roller rockers, ported intake, ported throttle body, all ARP fasteners, aftermarket tensioner, cai, lifter tray mod, 160* thermostat, and a few other little supporting things here and there.

Last edited:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
My opinion. newer Vettes shouldn't sound like that. The newer vette should be tamer @ idle and sound exotic like when accelerating/cuising. For some reason i think a 5.0 Cammed stang should sound like that @ idle.

IMO.

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
thanks for all the compliments guys, minus the solstice comment, lol. i'd rather not post specific details on the setup, but i'll give you guys the jist of it. it's a 6-speed with a big cam, ported heads, cometic head gaskets, slightly raised compression, stainless headers w/no cats, stainless x-pipe, aftermarket catback, high volume oil pump, aftermarket timing set, nice big double valve springs with titanium retainers, hardened pushrods, full roller rockers, ported intake, ported throttle body, all ARP fasteners, aftermarket tensioner, cai, lifter tray mod, 160* thermostat, and a few other little supporting things here and there.

What? i could have guessed most of that! why so vague? still, sounds killer. my custom ground cam should be in soon. (and im not giving you my specs either)

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
My opinion. newer Vettes shouldn't sound like that. The newer vette should be tamer @ idle and sound exotic like when accelerating/cuising. For some reason i think a 5.0 Cammed stang should sound like that @ idle.

IMO.

I kind of agree with you...I mean it sounds nasty, no getting around that, but it really doesn't have to sound nasty to be nasty. A new ZR1 dosn't sound like that but I'm sure it'll stay with or beat the car in the video. I definitely see your point here.

Users who are viewing this thread