My C5Z vs Porsche Carrera GT

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The Carrera GT puts down about ~560rwhp @ 3050#. There are very few documented ones the dyno, but that's what they averaged.

Deuuuce

Established Member
The website is showing the new 997GT2. You did not race one of them it is one of todays top end cars.

Chances are it may have been a 996 turbo with a GT2 wing, but it may have been a base 997 or 996 with a GT2 wing.

If you dont know what a CGT is then I highly doubt you would REALLY know if it was a aero kit base car or if it was a true GT2.

Unless you know the cars and are a fan, it is tough for people to tell.

How do you know it wasn't a 997 GT2? It could have been the previous gen. GT2. It could have been a GT3 for that matter.

Your pretty sure it was a Carerra GT? But your sure it was a Porsche?
Man CGT is a pretty unmistakeable car. It looks nothing like other Porsches. THE best sounding supercar IMO.

I agree. It doesn't sound the same from the inside though. First time I heard one it was in the morning during a work day. I thought it was an air raid siren from a howling demon. It was simply uncanny.

I heard an F1 car at Laguna setting a track record and it was somewhat similar.

In the second youtube video it says that the engine sends 612hp to the rear wheels. I bet some of these more refined supercars do not have the same drivetrain losses as our american clunkers haha

Well that means it is 612hp at the flywheel. "Sends" vs. "At" are different. Yes the tolerances are little tighter than most and being a mid-engine car, less loss.

02GTP

Banned
arent the CGT's 605 SAE? 612 is the DIN rating which is a tad higher than our hp numbers. and a c5z is within 100lbs of a carrera GT so thats a wash and if he put 577wheel before the cam i see it being possible he beat one and if it was a GT2 he would have raped it. no question.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
The website is showing the new 997GT2. You did not race one of them it is one of todays top end cars.

and your point is?

I have 2 LP 640's and an LP 560 rolling around my town...they are top end, right?

...I guess they aren't real:rolleyes:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
and your point is?

I have 2 LP 640's and an LP 560 rolling around my town...they are top end, right?

...I guess they aren't real:rolleyes:

And your point is?

He's pointing out that a 997 GT2 is one of the faster stock cars today. Your post makes no sense. Just because those cars are top end cars doesn't negate the GT2 being a top end car. He said one of today's top end cars.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
And your point is?

He's pointing out that a 997 GT2 is one of the faster stock cars today. Your post makes no sense. Just because those cars are top end cars doesn't negate the GT2 being a top end car. He said one of today's top end cars.

yeah and so??

He said he didn't race a GT2....

I was commenting saying he *the commenter* doesn't know what he ran. He wasn't there. So he has no legitimacy saying he "didn't race one" (paraphrased)Top end cars??? (and maybe I misunderstood his comment) Elaborate on top end? Tope end hp, $$, or model?

Regardless if he beat a Carrera GT, GT2, or a 997 Turbo....good kill. Top end? Who cares? We don't race for top speed or for MSRP. I kicked the shit out of a 911 Turbo....but "top end", he has me in every category.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
What ????
612 RWHP? Where did u get that ..

Thats the information I got from Porsche back in AUG 2003 when I got ass raped by two on the autobahn and such a car didn't "officially" exist.

I see them quite often because I live in a town with an F1 track but I guess I never cared to know the car's dyno numbers. 612HP mid motor or rear motor should be quite efficient and less drivetrain loss. Sorry I didn't know exact figures.

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Nothing sounds close to a CGT's exhaust note. You will know if you raced one, no doubt. They are 612RWHP (mid motor or rear motor efficiency) and run low 11s stock with stock tires. Maybe it would have gone down with a bigger fight. BE SAFE

Check out the exhaust sounds and compare to the one you smoked.

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT Exhaust Note

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT accelerating! Lovely sound!

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT (Mountain Drift)

where did you get those rwhp #'s for a CGT? because stock the only make 610bhp wich is only about 560-570rwhp even if you straight piped it like VRalexanders you don't get 612rwhp hell with exhaust on top of the 610hp V10 watching the texas mile it can't even hit 200mph but yet a H/C/I Z06 can! Z06's FTW congrats on the kill CGT or not it was still a porsche and if it was a 911 GT2 those make ('95 420hp 398tq) '07 911 GT3 (997) makes 415hp 300tq, 911 997 turbo makes 480hp and 457tq and if it was an '07 911 GT2 those make 562hp and 488tq. they all are quick. thank god you have a superccharger cuz if it was a '07 GT2 and if you had H/C/I you would have been :burn:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Manufacturers don't quote rear-wheel, front-wheel or all-wheel horsepower numbers and most don't measure it, either.

911 GT2 those make ('95 420hp 398tq) '07 911 GT3 (997) makes 415hp 300tq, 911 997 turbo makes 480hp and 457tq and if it was an '07 911 GT2 those make 562hp and 488tq. they all are quick. thank god you have a superccharger cuz if it was a '07 GT2 and if you had H/C/I you would have been :burn:

No '95 GT2s in the states (don't know about Europe), and the latest GT2 is 530hp, not 562.

Users who are viewing this thread