My C5Z vs Porsche Carrera GT

Devil_Z

Established Member
I'm pretty sure it was a Carrera GT. Anyway, got my car out the shop today with a custom cam put in it, haven't tuned for the cam yet. I've been driving my car trying to get a feel for it again since its been about 2 months since I sat in it. I leave my friends house and start driving towards mine where upon the way home I see the Porsche. I pull up next to it, he taps the throttle so I figure he wants to race. I honk the horn 3 times, I give him the start then I step on it, quickly leaving him in the dust, dunno how many car lengths, but it wasn't pretty. I slow down, he does a gay little ricer flyby and cuts me off so I figure he wants his shit pushed into the ground again. I follow him, he makes a few turns and pulls over to the side of the road so I pull up next to him. He proceeds to roll down the window so I say "hey man thats a nice car". He replies with "your car is loud" (which im running stock exhaust) so I say, "I guess, its modified some", he replies "congratulations, your car is loud" and claps. So I say "oh my car is only loud huh? We can race again for money if you want. I'd love to see your cute car in my rear view mirror again." Then he got pissed and rolled up his window. I thought it was pretty funny to be honest.

Why do people have to be such ass pirates when they lose? :confused:

02GTP

Banned
lol it wasnt a carrera GT. those things are like 570hp and trap 130+. maybe have been a carrera S or something like that. good kill.

Devil_Z

Established Member
ummm lets seee....

Paxton novi2000
60lb mototron fuel injectors
custom ground comp cam
lg pro longtube headers
methanol injection
spec stage 3+ clutch
spec aluminum flywheel
short shifter
new valve springs
double roller timing chain

Stock exhaust from headers back. Stock titanium H-pipe and stock mufflers.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Before the cam my car made 577/518.

wat?? what kind of mods do you have, and why would you run your car all out (obviously supercharged or nitrous) without an updated tune for the cam

carrera GT is pretty much unmistakeable, so you either raced one or you didn't.

Devil_Z

Established Member
wat?? what kind of mods do you have, and why would you run your car all out (obviously supercharged or nitrous) without an updated tune for the cam

carrera GT is pretty much unmistakeable, so you either raced one or you didn't.

well its a blower cam, the specs arent too far off from stock, you can't even really hear a difference in idle.

I didn't really know what the differences were, but judging from the wing on the back and porsches website I'd say it was a 911 GT2.

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
Carrera GT

GT.gif

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
yeah CGTs do not look like 911 porsches at all.
sounds like you got a nice set up though... may want to put your mods in your sig so peeps wont question your stats...

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Nothing sounds close to a CGT's exhaust note. You will know if you raced one, no doubt. They are 612RWHP (mid motor or rear motor efficiency) and run low 11s stock with stock tires. Maybe it would have gone down with a bigger fight. BE SAFE

Check out the exhaust sounds and compare to the one you smoked.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV6ky7twY1U"]YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT Exhaust Note[/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOWl-wendo&NR=1"]YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT accelerating! Lovely sound![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2nVOK0WZU"]YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT (Mountain Drift)[/ame]

openaccount

Established Member
well its a blower cam, the specs arent too far off from stock, you can't even really hear a difference in idle.

I didn't really know what the differences were, but judging from the wing on the back and porsches website I'd say it was a 911 GT2.

The website is showing the new 997GT2. You did not race one of them it is one of todays top end cars.

Chances are it may have been a 996 turbo with a GT2 wing, but it may have been a base 997 or 996 with a GT2 wing.

If you dont know what a CGT is then I highly doubt you would REALLY know if it was a aero kit base car or if it was a true GT2.

Unless you know the cars and are a fan, it is tough for people to tell.

1.8t

Established Member
So I say "oh my car is only loud huh? We can race again for money if you want. I'd love to see your cute car in my rear view mirror again."

So the fact that he told you you had a loud car prompted that response?

Last edited:

Devil_Z

Established Member
So the fact that he told you you had a loud car prompted that response?

Maybe you're missing something here? I said he had a nice car and he rebuttled with congratulations all you have is a loud car. Seems like a pretty hostile response to me which deserved one back. So to answer your question. Yes I do.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Your pretty sure it was a Carerra GT? But your sure it was a Porsche?
Man CGT is a pretty unmistakeable car. It looks nothing like other Porsches. THE best sounding supercar IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread