MY BOSS 50 MOTOR BUILD / with updates

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
hey I got some Mobil super.5w-30 premium motor oil. Says 5000 miles of protection it don't say synthetic. That's OK to use I got it on sale.6 months ago just found it buried.

That will work if it's conventional and not synthetic. Synthetic too soon can slow down or stop the desirable ring wear that break in is all about.

A modern plateau style cylinder hone will break the rings in at between 500 and 1,000 miles.

After the engine is fully warmed up, some 4 or 5 second full throttle pulls under load followed by an in gear coast down, within the first 50 miles is very desirable to obtain the best possible ring seal before the abrasiveness of the cylinder cross hatch wears away.

Don't blow the tires off. If you can't use full throttle use as much as you can with the tires still hooked so that you load the engine and introduce high cylinder pressure.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
That will work if it's conventional and not synthetic. Synthetic too soon can slow down or stop the desirable ring wear that break in is all about.

A modern plateau style cylinder hone will break the rings in at between 500 and 1,000 miles.

After the engine is fully warmed up, some 4 or 5 second full throttle pulls under load followed by an in gear coast down, within the first 50 miles is very desirable to obtain the best possible ring seal before the abrasiveness of the cylinder cross hatch wears away.

Don't blow the tires off. If you can't use full throttle use as much as you can with the tires still hooked so that you load the engine and introduce high cylinder pressure.
thanks Jimmy. I can do that full throttle pass.thing with just a updated revised tune from Amazon. That who tuned my other motor? Am not looking for Max.rwhp numbers..I want a safe tune real safe. Not going to run e85 .my car sits to long at times.I seemed what it can do.
Jimmy should I stay with my60 injectors or get some new 80's
old.motor w 60s w /no Bap DC was @ 82%.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
thanks Jimmy. I can do that full throttle pass.thing with just a updated revised tune from Amazon. That who tuned my other motor? Am not looking for Max.rwhp numbers..I want a safe tune real safe. Not going to run e85 .my car sits to long at times.I seemed what it can do.
Jimmy should I stay with my60 injectors or get some new 80's
old.motor w 60s w /no Bap DC was @ 82%.

Oh and I totally forgot to type that I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My mom died in 2005 and dad died just two years later, it was pretty tough. Then I almost died in 2009.
Sometime I let things get all out of proportion so easily and then someone you love dies and it all comes crashing home!

On gasoline your injector choice will depend on your maximum power goal and if that is going to include a race gas tune. We ca load multiple flash tunes quite easily so think about it and then take a look at this post: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

"60lb Injectors. (700HP is about the max for 60lb injectors in a return-less system. (Recommend Data Log)"

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Oh and I totally forgot to type that I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My mom died in 2005 and dad died just two years later, it was pretty tough. Then I almost died in 2009.
Sometime I let things get all out of proportion so easily and then someone you love dies and it all comes crashing home!

On gasoline your injector choice will depend on your maximum power goal and if that is going to include a race gas tune. We ca load multiple flash tunes quite easily so think about it and then take a look at this post: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystem-upgrade-options-what-you-need-know.html

"60lb Injectors. (700HP is about the max for 60lb injectors in a return-less system. (Recommend Data Log)"
thanks Jimmy yes very hard sorry of your losses.a dad or mom or both are.the worst i had friends.that i was very close to pass amd grand parents also.but not like real good parents.I should.be over 700 not sure how Much over.so should I get the 80's ? Will I need to hook up my boost a pump with these injectors..I got a buyer that wants my 60's what to do Jimmy?

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
thanks Jimmy yes very hard sorry of your losses.a dad or mom or both are.the worst i had friends.that i was very close to pass amd grand parents also.but not like real good parents.I should.be over 700 not sure how Much over.so should I get the 80's ? Will I need to hook up my boost a pump with these injectors..I got a buyer that wants my 60's what to do Jimmy?

If you are going to be over 700, then yes... Get the 80s.
Did you read that link to the fuel guide thread? Some very good info in that thread.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
A new post will come soon.

Jimmy you can delete.this one delete this one after my new one is done
Lots of.pics.plus the ones that where on here..iam afraid to say to much about the pics cause my words.might not come out just right.
my test pic.didn't work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread