My bolt on 13' 5.0

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Man that thing sounds great. How's the butt dyno before and after with the CJ and LT's?

Let's just say if my tires had hair, they'd be bald....lol it sure does plant you in the seat. Doesn't feel like 440hp, feels more like 500 lol. It does pull hard up top

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Let's just say if my tires had hair, they'd be bald....lol it sure does plant you in the seat. Doesn't feel like 440hp, feels more like 500 lol. It does pull hard up top

Wish someone near me had a CJ setup, I want to ride in one so bad. I always wondered how the butt dyno felt with that setup. I have 3.73's, so I bet a CJ setup would feel fast as hell haha

SCalla1384

Established Member
Nice video man, car sounds good.

I don't want to come off as raining on your parade, so don't take it that way.

I went from a ported boss, airaid intake and stock throttle body (ran the times in my sig) making 442/398 to a ported CJ, monoblade, and rev auto intake and only made 444/390. Lost 8ftlb. No track times with the CJ. But dyno was the same and is very consistent and butt dyno couldn't notice a difference between the, boss and CJ setup.

For anyone who wants to go CJ with stock Coyote heads/cams, I'd save the money and go boss and Airaid intake. Imo it's plenty sufficient for stock Coyote top end. For a boss top end, heads flow alittle more, the CJ I'd worth it.

It's been shown a fair amount of times on a stock Coyote heads, the CJ won't out perform a boss intake. As long as you have a good cai on the boss manifold (airaid is the best) wbt gained nothing at the track, I couldn't tell a difference, blazer707 same thing as far as the track, and a few more.

Alot of the coyote guys that ran quicker bolting on the CJ either came from a stock manifold car, or a boss manifold with a crappy cai (jlt)

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I came from a boss n steeda cai to a CJ set up. Only difference between setups was I added an aluminum driveshaft I will say the CJ pulls harder then my boss also feels earlier. But I will agree for the money I spent between boss n CJ set I would have rather just saved a little more n bought a supercharger n wouldn't have to worry about hp.

I think my CJ set up needs long tubes n and dyno tune that will be solved in April. Also my car put down a disappointed 426rwhp on a mustang dyno with a AED data log tune friend with boss, steeda cai, off road xpipe n real speed dyno tune put down 424 on the same dyno I did just different day

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Thanks, I'll prob be taking it back for a re-tune on E85 in a few weeks. Might even change to a o/r x

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your GT sounds awesome. Nice video. I'm sure you'll love moving to E85 with a new tune. If you do go with an off-round X you'll notice the decibel increase. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread