My Black/Chrome SS...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SpectorV said:
the only thing I have aginst the camaro is the exhaust tip placment... always looks odd to me :( nice looking car either way.
Actually the placement is pretty common for F-bodies due to the slanted rear bumper. I had a 1994 Z-28 and when I had Callaway Cars apply their magic to it, their exhaust tips were supposed to be in that very same position. I understood why they wanted to do it, but I had them moved the tips in a couple of inches. The result was a nicer look but a dirtier bumper. But nothing a little water and wash soap couldn't handle. LOL!

I like this SS. Gotta love the black and chrome. I'm a Mustang guy now, but my old Z-28 will never be forgotten. I still have a framed picture of it here in my office, along with a couple of Super Chevy Show Regional trophies. ;-)

SpectorV said:
the only thing I have aginst the camaro is the exhaust tip placment... always looks odd to me :( nice looking car either way.

It's because the bumper isn't contoured to the exhaust system. The pipes come out under the bumper, making them really stick out.

Trans Ams don't have that issue, the exhaust tips exit through the cutouts in the bumper ;-)

Nice Camaro though man :)

Last edited:

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Man, while you were posting this, I was selling another LS2 at work today. You need to trade in that tired LS1 for an LS2 or even better, our last Ls7:burnout:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
fuelonempty said:
looks like its up to no good...

LOL, it does :lol:

I've always liked the look of the SS, but hate how the engine is set so far back under the cowling. I could never own one b/c of that, it would frustrate the hell out of me... :mj:

98gt281

Established Member
doubletrouble said:
Man, while you were posting this, I was selling another LS2 at work today. You need to trade in that tired LS1 for an LS2 or even better, our last Ls7:burnout:
Bring em on, but more than likely all their gonna see is what u see in pic #3:D

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
if i was looking to buy an SS camaro id want mine to look EXACTLY like yours. very clean. Awesome car man !

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Domestic Demon said:
It's because the bumper isn't contoured to the exhaust system. The pipes come out under the bumper, making them really stick out.

Speak for yourself... Here is my buddy's 2000 SS

timfarRt50.gif

metimandZ.gif

175625903_l.jpg

Nice Camaro. I'm not too fond of the shape and size of them, but when they are done right, they look hot.

LT1-Z

american muscle
Established Member
that black is just soooo sinister lookin sweet SS..
i am partial to the silver aswell:-D

Users who are viewing this thread