My Arancio Ishtar Cobra Build....lots of pics

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
In regards to the MAF. Awesome info. Any suggestions on what kind? I have a FAST on Order, ordered it thru my friend whos a dealer, not sure what all it comes with, but since I dont have it in my hands but I know it come with some sensors.

FAST? you mean the XFI standalone engine management? If so, you dont need a MAF.

If you were using the stock computer and getting a chip (SCT, Diablo etc), then you need a MAF sensor.

Nice car by the way! I like the interior upgrades! Kool attention to detail with the stitching.

Last edited:

SVTContique

I think all of us at one point or another has said "if i had the money i would do xxxx to my car, it would be useless but id love to do it"

Thats how i feel about your project. IMO id love to have a huge turbo on my car with all the fixins, id end up driving the lambo more because... its just better, but in the end i would still love the turbo Cobra.

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Yes, XFI. I have an SCT too. Didnt know that about the FAST system, but ya, glad to know. :)

Thanks for the compliments. The interior isnt done just yet, got afew more things. ;)

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
i think that block isnt really all that well suited for your application as its just about as strong as a machined stock 302 block (ie: only reliable for 500hp). I'd honestly do a dart block if you are gonna "drive" it with that much power, albeit, its gonna cost you some more $$$$.

1Nastycobra

Established Member
may I make a suggestion? your lightning 90mm maf is completely inadequate for your setup- especially for your 80# injectors- don't even think they will work together. I suggest getting a blow through capable maf and running your setup that way- get one that is calibrated for your injectors and won't peg at 500 hp-

it will work, I Have an 90 mm maf w/ 80 # injectors. you jus need a Mafia Diablo Sport F7336 MAFia - MAF Extender

also, not sure if the D1 is going to kick out that boost. Im running a d1 on a fully built 4v, with a 3.4 pulley and i gotta spin the motor up pretty good jus to make 18 lbs. I would suggest FR1..It'll make boost alot quicker without over spinning the blower.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
If yourbuild is based on a teksid block it will be reliable well beyond 500 hp.

And the pertronix is a way cool set-up. Have one on one of my cars. Don't miss the points at all.

crazycarlo

Established Member
i think that block isnt really all that well suited for your application as its just about as strong as a machined stock 302 block (ie: only reliable for 500hp). I'd honestly do a dart block if you are gonna "drive" it with that much power, albeit, its gonna cost you some more $$$$.

Well if they used an 03 cobra block then it should be good. As well as a teksid.

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
You wont see that kind PSI with a D1... You want an F1a.. they can get you into the 20psi range. The problems you will face though, belt slip, throwing belts and a loss of power down low since it takes a bit to get those bad boys spinning.

My thoughts, if I were to do it again, go turbo either single or twin turbo. They have awsome driveability and with a boost controller you can go from mild to wild in a heartbeat.

Ive had a P1 and D1 Procharger and Ttrim Vortech.. I like the sound of the T trim the best but you can beat the fast spooling of a good turbo.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Nice, one other suggestion would be send the LCAs back and go Torque arm set up on the rear suspension.

For that power and the driving you will be doing on a vert it will be a big difference.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
your garage makes me hate myself, lol awesome build. impressed you are putting so much into the b headed red headed step child of cobra motors. If i had the cash i would have just gotten a 5.4 or the new 5.0. I don't have the heart to mess with the b heads anymore. Awesome build!

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Seriously, the Torque Arm is like the one suspension thing I didnt do, it HELLA takes away ground clearance, and the car is pretty slammed when its on the ground.

I was talking about doing a twin turbo setup with my buddy on the way back from our shop about an hour ago...he'd make all my manifolds and stuff. Idk though. I dont like the TT thing after doing it to the Lamborghini...to much work. Oh ya, BTW, that Murcielago is Twin Turbo LOL, we built the kit.

Its just to much to deal with IMO.

95riosnake

Established Member
Any updates on your project?

I love the stitching on the seats! I've always wanted to have my interior panels wrapped in alcantra with white stitching, but it would be major $$$ because of how many panels I'd have to get covered.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Seriously, the Torque Arm is like the one suspension thing I didnt do, it HELLA takes away ground clearance, and the car is pretty slammed when its on the ground.

I was talking about doing a twin turbo setup with my buddy on the way back from our shop about an hour ago...he'd make all my manifolds and stuff. Idk though. I dont like the TT thing after doing it to the Lamborghini...to much work. Oh ya, BTW, that Murcielago is Twin Turbo LOL, we built the kit.

Its just to much to deal with IMO.

Just get a hellion kit.. or HP TT kit .. Throw it on, get a tune and blast away.

BTW a TT murcielago... Sick...

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, I love what you did with the interior the most! Seats, steering wheel, shift boot, cener armrest.. all very nice touches.

I would say if you plan on road racing it, swap the K-member to a Maximum Motorsports piece no question.

Also, I don't like the front fenderwells sprayed orange. To me it just looks like overspray, I'd paint them black. That's my only critisism since everything else is just awesome.

I hope you'll be getting another Ferrari sometime soon. Love the lambo, and love the fact that you drive a honda with tons of miles for a daily lol :beer:

amorrow

Established Member
Wow....awesome collection, nice SN-95 build, and sweet '65 GT350!

My '98 is great for track days and solo events, but nothing beats the old stuff on the street, imo...those '65 GT350s are so well sorted despite their age, and with a bit more power and a couple modern touches they become fun little street terrors. DSS built me the 363-stroker I have in my '65, and it's made the thing a blast to drive. And so many modifications (like Pertronix) can be hidden/disguised. With an original, no issues car, though, I can see why many are restored and tucked away. Aren't there a couple 5S214 cars floating around? Where did you buy yours?

...and you can call the GT350 "100% restored" as soon as you get your wheel caps painted. lol, jk

Last edited:

MeNmySN95

Established Member
I should be getting the car back this Thursday! :D

The wheel wells are painted orange, yes - but I have brand new plastic pieces to go back in there. I cant have an orange car and white wheel wells now can I??? :p No worries, The plastic shall go back in.

Amorrow,

The Shelby has been in my family for many many many years. It has never been registered with SAC, I have all of the original documents, and MANY people have flown out to "inspect" the car, (Craig Conley, H. Pardee), and it has been verified as the real 5S214, but YES! There is one in Peru and one in Switzerland (supposedly) This is also the case with the 65' R Model 5R537, that my Uncle found in the Mountains here in California, he bought it from the original owner and the car had been sitting in a barn with a blown motor and he had never registered the car with SAC.

The story goes on when my uncle bought the car, restored it and then tried to sell it, when miraculously another 5R537 popped up in Switzerland (whats with these cars over there??) So obviously Rick Copec pissed all over the car with the rest of the club because "it wasnt registered so it must be a fake." LONG story short, the club was sued, we won, we had all the proof - the Swiss one was fake, They had to issue a retraction statement and acknowledge the car was real, and an apology letter to my uncle for all the BS. Car just sold at Russo and Steele in 2009 for $800,000+

As for the 214 car, i have all the original documents and papers from purchase! :) I just dont feel like suing the club over it (not wirth my time or $50,000). I'll never sell the car, I know what it is, and therefore I am happy.

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Afew pictures of 5S214

DSC02085.jpg

Please ignore the Hurst T handle. I have the original ball in the glove box, but I hate the way it feels! For car shows it does get switched back though!! :p

DSC02072.jpg

shelbysignature.jpg

DSC02090e.jpg

DSC02077e.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

And Of course I have to pose with it! LOL
Maxandshelbysignature.jpg

MeNmySN95

Established Member
Got delivered today, thank you Lamborghini SpA for the use of the trailer. Sent Murcielago off to get tuned.... :p It begins...

198183_10150186050314289_644134288_8294310_252641_n.jpg

198583_10150186048424289_644134288_8294307_5079036_n.jpg

She's off to get tuned...

189193_10150186048469289_644134288_8294308_6029685_n.jpg

200556_10150186025814289_644134288_8294140_6108412_n.jpg

Traded one project for another! :p

Users who are viewing this thread