My AI race car on track last season video

smitty2919

Established Member
Damn badass!

I am itching to get into autocross and road racing. I sold a 04 gto for my 99 Cobra JUST to begin modding a car with an actual goal lol.

What is the red material in your exhaust tips? Why did you run them that way instead of dumps etc? Any pics of the exhaust routing through the body from the underside? Are you running any sort of heat extractor style hood?

Sorry for the 20 questions lol

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Damn badass!

I am itching to get into autocross and road racing. I sold a 04 gto for my 99 Cobra JUST to begin modding a car with an actual goal lol.

What is the red material in your exhaust tips? Why did you run them that way instead of dumps etc? Any pics of the exhaust routing through the body from the underside? Are you running any sort of heat extractor style hood?

Sorry for the 20 questions lol

The red material is just a plug that I cut out of styrofoam. It seals up the exhaust. I did it because the car sits for long periods of time.

Dumps put loads of heat directly underneath the car and heat is bad for both the differential and the fuel tank. Side exhaust has terrible ground clearance and I wouldn't have been able to load the car on my trailer with traditional under body side exhaust.

I can take some pics of the exhaust routing. It runs up through the back seat floorboard and then angles out towards the quarter panels. I've wrapped the exhaust pipes with header wrap to help contain the heat and it did help some.

I have a cervinis 03 cobra lift off hood on the car.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
No diff cooler. Yet.

The IRS was assembled before Bruce was offering his parts. It's got Max. Motorsports bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread