My '99 FRC goes 10.38 @ 135.96 on the stock bottom end!

Fast GTO

Established Member
I wasn't saying it wasn't possible but with that MPH I was wondering how much weight savings were done, but at 632rwhp I know why you got that MPH. I was at 640rwhp on my 134.5 trap. That is a big pickup in power from N/A to N2O.

Last edited:

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Damn Impressive!:rockon:

Are you still running the stock Rear/Halfshafts?(other than 4.10's)

I would love to launch my Viper that hard(or even close to that hard!), but fear and common sense prevent me from doing so.;-)

The halfshafts are stockers. The output shafts are 300M on both sides. Other than that its completely stock. No brace or anything. :rockon:

It took a lot of launches to start launching like I did in this video but the two step helped a lot!

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I know Mike personally, he built my Cobra and a few years back (2005) when I rolled up to his shop in my H/C C5 built by Lethal Performance in SA, TX, he was impressed with the sound and it inspired him to get Buckwheat. Then the criticism of naysayers saying he didn't know anything about LS motors triggered him to transform Buckwheat. I've seen the car in person also and it is very impressive.

Either way, it just goes to show how impressive stock bottom LS motors are when they are dialed in properly.

Mike is a good guy. Ive sent a LOT of work his way. Buckwheat inspired me to do what I have done to my car along with an ass whoopin I recieved by a C5 Z06 on spray that I was racing in my Cobra in Austin. LOL

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Didn't even know you sold your Cobra!! hahaha Shows you where I have been! GREAT run bud!

Whenever this shortblock decides to go, I'm doing an LSX swap into this car. Can you imagine how many people would call it a bastard-child? haha I thought it would be different and a blast to do! I'm a pushrod guy at heart :)

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Didn't even know you sold your Cobra!! hahaha Shows you where I have been! GREAT run bud!

Whenever this shortblock decides to go, I'm doing an LSX swap into this car. Can you imagine how many people would call it a bastard-child? haha I thought it would be different and a blast to do! I'm a pushrod guy at heart :)

Thanks!

Yeap. Cobra was gone back in 2006 and was wrecked about a month after it was gone by some no talent ass clown that didnt know how to handle it.

Swapping an LSx into a 2003 Cobra would be a first. Ive never seen that but it would be awesome! Make sure you do a full write up on it with pics and all. :rockon:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Thanks!

Yeap. Cobra was gone back in 2006 and was wrecked about a month after it was gone by some no talent ass clown that didnt know how to handle it.

Swapping an LSx into a 2003 Cobra would be a first. Ive never seen that but it would be awesome! Make sure you do a full write up on it with pics and all. :rockon:

That LSX swap into a New Edge body style has been done. There is a long 30+ page thread on this forum somewhere about it. Do-able, but it's no easy task. For the amount of money you'd spend, you're better off going with the 5.4 from the Shelby GT500 and doing a Kenne Bell swap.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I wasn't saying it wasn't possible but with that MPH I was wondering how much weight savings were done, but at 632rwhp I know why you got that MPH. I was at 640rwhp on my 134.5 trap. That is a big pickup in power from N/A to N2O.

A vette with 550rwhp can trap 133-134mph. An FRC C5 weighs about 3060lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas. His trap speed is every bit possible and shouldn't even be in question. It doesn't matter if you were at 640rwhp trapping 134mph because you are in a Mustang, which is heavier and less aerodynamic. The faster you accelerate, the more power it takes you to overcome drag.

Last edited:

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
That LSX swap into a New Edge body style has been done. There is a long 30+ page thread on this forum somewhere about it. Do-able, but it's no easy task. For the amount of money you'd spend, you're better off going with the 5.4 from the Shelby GT500 and doing a Kenne Bell swap.

Link?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I believe there is a road racer that did the lsx swap in a cobra. It was a pretty nasty setup.

I remember something about this but im not sure where I saw it. I would love to see it though. We have a guy running around town here who has a LS2 in a Fox body. That was a badass setup. Very clean.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I remember something about this but im not sure where I saw it. I would love to see it though. We have a guy running around town here who has a LS2 in a Fox body. That was a badass setup. Very clean.
I think it was on here that I saw it, but I'm not sure on that. The LS motors in fox bodies are becoming very popular around here too. I wouldn't mind one of those setup myself.

Users who are viewing this thread