My '99 FRC goes 10.38 @ 135.96 on the stock bottom end!

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Well I finally got out to San Antonio Raceway to test out the new two step before I leave to head overseas next week.

The car is a full bolt on '99 FRC. H/C/I/E 4.10's and a 150 shot. The heads are ported and polished, milled factory casted 241 heads. The cam is a small nitrous cam. I have a mod list but its pretty extensive. You get the idea. Here you go!

1/8 pull. 1.49 sixty @ 105 mph.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0bwSfoAXlk"]YouTube- daniel pass 3.MPG[/ame]

1/4 pull. 1.46 sixty @ 135.95

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki_1E5adL88"]YouTube- daniel pass 4.MPG[/ame]

10.38 @ 135.95

1264343777.jpg

F8L BYT

Established Member
Nice runs man! How do you have your nitrous set up with the 2step? Do you have it wired in to the clutch or are you using a window switch and only spraying from 2nd gear on?

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Nice runs man! How do you have your nitrous set up with the 2step? Do you have it wired in to the clutch or are you using a window switch and only spraying from 2nd gear on?

Thanks! I have the two step wired to the clutch position sensor then to the nitrous relays. I spray it from start to finish. As soon as i hit the two step it brings the car to 4500. So basically as soon as I come off the clutch it starts spraying.

Fast GTO

Established Member
stock displacment? What size cam? How much weight savings?

That is an exceptional and near unbelievable time on stock internals/stock displacement on only a 150 shot.

That MPH is good for low 10's if not a 9.9x.

I ran 10.16 in a much heavier GTO at 134.5 and 1.5 60.

Last edited:

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
What caused you to lose 3mph in the 1/8th mile between the two runs? Fast car no doubt.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
stock displacment? What size cam? How much weight savings?

That is an exceptional and near unbelievable time on stock internals/stock displacement on only a 150 shot.

That MPH is good for low 10's if not a 9.9x.

I ran 10.16 in a much heavier GTO at 134.5 and 1.5 60.

Yeap. Stock LS1. Here is a run down of the mods.
The car is in full street trim outside the drag pack I use at the track. With me in it it weighs in at 3390 lbs.

Cartek LS6 Stage 4X heads. Includes, full porting heads intake, exhaust, and combustion chamber, Manley severe duty stainless valves, 2.02 intake, 1.57 exhaust, seals, Manley dual springs, spring seats, seals, titanium retainers, milled .030.

Custom grind Cartek Stage 2X Cam computer verified.
228-232 582-598 116LSA

Cromoly hardened push rods.

Cometic heavy duty head gaskets.

ASP under drive pulley with belts.

Roll master dual roller timing chain.

Ported Z06 oil pump setup for the roll master.

FAST 3 piece intake manifold ported to 4X with a 90MM throttle opening.

Ported LS2 throttle body.

ECU Reprogram 97-2004 LS1 full dyno tune by Lethal Performance

Notched pistons for PTV clearance.

Complete NX system includes, NX wet kit with 10# bottle, purge, MSD digital RPM window switch, timing retard module, custom switch panel with micro switches and LED lights, all wires, Bosch relays. Also includes, blow down tube, full throttle switch, Kenny Bell Boost-a-pump, and NGK BR7EF spark plugs.

Nitrous Outlets 860 Fully automated aluminum bottle heater

4.10 gears.

C5 passenger and driver side 300M output shaft with side gear.

C5 line lock kit includes pre-bent line with braided flex hose, inline line lock solenoid, and switch installed.

Vararam B2 intake

Vararam Power duct

GM Racing spark plug wires and NGK BR7EF plugs

Lingenfelter LNC003 Two Step

160* thermostat

New Coolant crossover

American Racing Headers (1 7/8 primaries 3" collector)

American Racing 3" X pipe

Borla Stinger 2.5" catback

Built T56 tranny by Lethal Performance

Hurst C6 short throw shifter

Spec III Clutch and Billet aluminum flywheel

Brand new Slave cylinder

Upgraded Tick Performance Master cylinder

Innovate LC1 Wideband

Cross drilled and slotted rotors on all four corners

Ceramic brake pads recently installed

Painted brake calipers.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
What caused you to lose 3mph in the 1/8th mile between the two runs? Fast car no doubt.

Im not sure why it happened but in the 1/4 pull when I hit fourth gear the nitrous didnt come on for some reason. It was just for a split second but Im thinking thats why. Could also be because the bottle pressure was lower also.

93_408_LX

Established Member
Your car sounds SICK. That makes me want to sell my mustang and by a vette. Want to trade? Awesome run, and great work!

SRNA

Established Member
Sick car you have.
I want to personally thank you for what you do in the military. Be careful overseas. I am not in the military, but I truly admire what you guys do. Again, thank you for serving our country. God bless the USA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread