My 99 Cobra Build Single Turbo

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I plan on updating this once it is complete with the pics of the build for now I just want to share one of the forward facing headers that a friend of mine at a local shop is doing for my 99 Cobra. It's obviously not finished but when it's done I'm sure it will look great. here are a few pics of my build.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
For the headers he's charging me $1200 but that's because he gave me a package deal with all the stuff he's doing to my car. He installed suspension, motor, built rear end full suspension front and back. Installed my fuel system and is building my turbo kit. It's a a good chunk of change but you do get what you pay for. The kit will run me close to $10k once it's complete but I have to say that I'm very happy with the workmanship that he is doing. It's Steve Spurrier from Speed Engineering in Fresno CA. Very talented fabricator.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
What shop is it at?

The shop is called Speed Engineering in Fresno Ca. The location they are currently in was the old All Out Performance shop. AOP relocated and Steve was a partner which opened his own shop. Steve was the fabricator. If you would like more details you can pm.

fangs99

Established Member
I start to see boost at around 2,800rpm and it's all in around 3,600 rpm. I did have some coolant system issues with mine that I had to change around.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Yeah I asked him to do it following the specs that you see. I'm keeping my kit as hidden as possible. It's going to have some what of a stealth look. I'm a little over the $8500 but he I stalled my motor rearend and all front and rear suspension plus my fuel system amongs other things. I bought my turbo, waste gate, BOV and intercooler as wel. So far I'm very happy with the outcome.

fangs99

Established Member
Ok, my passenger side goes down and out a little to clear the ABS. My driver side one comes out strait forward..... And he went with a C style front mount.... The I/C is so big he had to angle it forward a bit for it to fit behind my bumper cover.... Did you get my PM?

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Well the car has taken a little longer to finish but we are finally getting to the final stages. The forward facing header kit has been completed. The wiring is being done this week. I will be getting tune hopefully from RET. I'm looking forward to this long project finally being completed.

Users who are viewing this thread