my 98 Cobra Vs. 550hp RX7

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
i havent raced this guy yet, hes a friend of a friend. my friend has been talking crap to me for awhile now cuz he hates fords. i know i will totally lose but do you guys think i should risk it, just to test how id do? it would be pretty stupid to get my car crushed for losing a race i knew id lose

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
thats what i was thinking...and hey if i lose i lose, ill just get my buddy with a 99 cobra to take out the RX7. hes has over 500hp to the wheels N/A...lol. plus to me a race is a race...theyre all fun

04cobra13

Established Member
with your mods there is no way you will beat him...maybe off the line for a lil bit...but if he really has 500+ hp and you have whatever you do with your mods in your sig then he will get you....not to mention how light those cars can be....but hey do it for fun man.....

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
If it's a 93+ you're probably toast.

Those weigh 2800lbs, with just 330whp they're pretty sick and that's a highly achievable number with just more boost, exhaust, intakes, and a tune. If he's got a single you're done. My best friend had one with a T78 putting down 439whp on pump gas and that thing walked LS1s w/ 150 shots and a cam.

You're only chance is hope he's close to stock and it's from a dig... they can't launch and lag is a bitch.

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
my buddy with the 99 has a 04 cobra block stroked out to a 5.1 all forged internals, and all the bolt ons, cams, heads, full exhaust, CAI, 4.10s and it has been tuned. its a pretty freakin sick cobra. and as to the RX7 i know ill lose i would never claim that id be able to take him. ill get beat but its no big deal....i dont have a termy, i cant win em all.....lol jk

Last edited:

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
my buddy with the 99 has a 04 cobra block stroked out to a 5.1 all forged internals, and all the bolt ons, cams, heads, full exhaust, CAI, 4.10s and it has been tuned. its a pretty freakin sick cobra. and as to the RX7 i know ill lose i would never claim that id be able to take him. ill get beat but its no big deal....i dont have a termy, i cant win em all.....lol jk

Hate to break it to ya but guys with 5.4s w/ custom intakes, race gas compression ratios, ridiculous cams and so on are having trouble breaking 500whp naturally aspirated. Your buddy's street car is probably making 375-400 and that's pushing it.

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
Hate to break it to ya but guys with 5.4s w/ custom intakes, race gas compression ratios, ridiculous cams and so on are having trouble breaking 500whp naturally aspirated. Your buddy's street car is probably making 375-400 and that's pushing it.

its funny how everyone will hate on the internet, now im not trying to start anything but everyone is quick to call b.s. why? anything is possible man! but hey its all good cuz i know what ive seen so its ok.

jasil

Established Member
i havent raced this guy yet, hes a friend of a friend. my friend has been talking crap to me for awhile now cuz he hates fords. i know i will totally lose but do you guys think i should risk it, just to test how id do? it would be pretty stupid to get my car crushed for losing a race i knew id lose

If I lived in stupid communistic Cali I wouldn't own a sports car!!! I would own a freaking Prius or similiar. Getting your FREAKING CAR CRUSHED FOR STREET RACING screw that I would never street race track only.

Users who are viewing this thread