My 95 Turbo Cobra (video)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
F8LBITEva said:
nice little sleeper you got there.

Sleeper my ass, that thing sounds like it's gonna suck up small children & animals. For whom the turbo spools.. :rockon:

cuda

Thanks for all the compliments guys

wtpLXfox - not running an exhaust, just straight open downpipe...

ChipR4cam - the audio quality suffered when I uploaded the video, the turbo is much louder, I'm going to go with a firewire setup and hopefully that will help with the audio/video quality.

FasterF150 - no clue how much hp I'm putting down right now, I'm going to raise the timing a tad and bump it up to 10psi soon

chip6990 - I'm in Cookeville...

cobra0393 - here's an engine shot, not that pretty as I was in a rush to finish it, but the turbo looks sexy :pepper:

DSC01630a.jpg

cuda

the kit is a DIY kit, the guy I bought it from built it all himself.

No close up of the fuel line routing, just stock lines, they go inbetween the downpipe and intake pipe. The blanket is a PTK blanket, I bought it from one of the turbomustang.com site sponsors a few months ago. Definitely keeps the underhood temps down.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
That turbo is good for 450-550whp before it's past it's effiency. Sounds awesome, but you are barely tapping that turbo for power bro. Get you some rods, and pistons, forged of course!!! Then turn that sucker up, and get a dual stage boost controler, so you can launch the thing. Looks sweetness, I'm a big turbo fan myself. Could never go back all motor after owning a turbo, there's something about driving on a compresser that just unreal.

cuda

DDogsrt461BLK said:
That turbo is good for 450-550whp before it's past it's effiency. Sounds awesome, but you are barely tapping that turbo for power bro. Get you some rods, and pistons, forged of course!!! Then turn that sucker up, and get a dual stage boost controler, so you can launch the thing. Looks sweetness, I'm a big turbo fan myself. Could never go back all motor after owning a turbo, there's something about driving on a compresser that just unreal.

Well actually there is no point in upgrading anything on the shortblock because the weakest link is the block. And right now I don't want to shell out $5000 for a dart shortblock so it's gonna have to live like this for a while. I'm hoping to make 450rwhp 550rwtq for a few years before I can afford to really upgrade it :pepper:

cuda

thanks for the compliments guys, my buddy posted it on his 350z boards and I got nothing but hate on how the car is slow and the video was horrible :lol:

MarlboroMan

Established Member
Not to throw your attention of the turbo off track but what is the make/model of the headlights? Looking into those. Alot ive found look too ricey.

Users who are viewing this thread