my 93 fox vs. 00 Golf Gti ?

Droptop99

Established Member
nice kill on the mustang but thats more stock then midily modded. 5 speed?
if he had stock gears thats a big killer.
e46 m3's have never really impressed me from rolls if that what you raced him like.

but yea your car sounds like a freak :) any dyno numbers?

DrZacharyus

Banned
Droptop99 said:
nice kill on the mustang but thats more stock then midily modded. 5 speed?
if he had stock gears thats a big killer.
e46 m3's have never really impressed me from rolls if that what you raced him like.

but yea your car sounds like a freak :) any dyno numbers?

212whp and 264wtq hitting limp mode with 3inch downpipe, intake and chip.....TIP adds about 5whp and i hold more boost now cause of MBC and diverter valve so i would say im at around 220whp and 260wtq...i raced a gt with a tune, h-pipe, magnaflow catback, intake, pullies and pulled like a car on him....

the e46 was from a dig

Last edited:

levs302

Established Member
whats the difference between a gti and vr6? is the vr6 just a submodel of the gti? sry if these questions sound dumb, as i know very little about vw's. anyway, theres a kid at my work that has an '03 (i think) vr6 golf. all i ever here about is how fast it is. its all stock as far as i know, what kind of power numbers would it put out? 1/4 times? could i take it in my '95 gt with basic bolt ons (intake, exhaust, u/d pulleys)?

and not to go completely off topic, nice kill ich1baN

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
212whp and 264wtq hitting limp mode with 3inch downpipe, intake and chip.....TIP adds about 5whp and i hold more boost now cause of MBC and diverter valve so i would say im at around 220whp and 260wtq...i raced a gt with a tune, h-pipe, magnaflow catback, intake, pullies and pulled like a car on him....

the e46 was from a dig
jfyi, my car only weighs 2700lbs with me. On 8lbs boost, I dyno'd at 210whp on a Mustang Dyno, I still only ran a 14.4 at 101 mph. So even if you have 220whp, your car weighs a shit ton more then mine, geared worse, and only has top end hp. Your not trapping 13s budy. I;m sorry. You are catching your self in lies. Telling us you trapp 102mph, then saying you dyno's at 220whp. That's a 14 sec 1/4 mile FWD budy. Sorry, but it is.

Edit: But thats not a bad thing running 14s. Hell, most of your GTs, SS's, and WS6s are running 14s lightly modded at the tracks around here. I know everyone thinks thier 13 sec cars, but quess what, you put Joe Shmoe in his V8, take him to the track, and he'll run a 14.5 when he should be running 13.8s. I see it all the time.

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
levs302 said:
whats the difference between a gti and vr6? is the vr6 just a submodel of the gti?
Well that's a loaded question.

Technically the VR6 was the model and ENGINE as fitted to the MK3 Golf and Carrado (sp?) coupe.

It's called VR6 because the V was very narrow and the engine used only a single cylinder head as opposed to the more common 2 cylinder heads found on most V engines.

It was 2.9 litres and had something like 193bhp is memory serves. The Corrado would do 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds making it in its day one of the fastest production fwd cars in the world.

That engine ceased production years back. A newer V6 (regualr type of V) replaced it in the MK4 Golf and had more power. But for some strange reason for the US market only they decided to keep the name although it described a totally different engine.

Later V6's had various amounts of power depending on specific model. The Golf 4 motion had around 210bhp and the R32 240bhp but both had a crappy 4wd system and weighed in close to an oil tanker.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Well that's a loaded question.

Technically the VR6 was the model and ENGINE as fitted to the MK3 Golf and Carrado (sp?) coupe.

It's called VR6 because the V was very narrow and the engine used only a single cylinder head as opposed to the more common 2 cylinder heads found on most V engines.

It was 2.9 litres and had something like 193bhp is memory serves. The Corrado would do 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds making it in its day one of the fastest production fwd cars in the world.

That engine ceased production years back. A newer V6 (regualr type of V) replaced it in the MK4 Golf and had more power. But for some strange reason for the US market only they decided to keep the name although it described a totally different engine.

Later V6's had various amounts of power depending on specific model. The Golf 4 motion had around 210bhp and the R32 240bhp but both had a crappy 4wd system and weighed in close to an oil tanker.

no. the engine never stoped production and is still being produced today. the VR6 in todays toureg/TT3.2/A3 3.2/R32 is still the same design as the original that debut in 1992 in the corrado. a narrow angle 15 degree single head V6. there is/was the following itterations:

2.9L european only 12v (found in the corrado)
2.8L 12v (MK3 MK4 GTI, Jetta, eurovan)
2.8L 24v(2002 MK4 GTI,Jetta,Eurovan)
3.2L 24v (TT3.2,A3 3.2,R32 Toureg)

typical 12v head

DSC01358.jpg

typical bottom end. this one has high comp pistons. the pistons are also the combustion chamber as you can see in the head pic it is totally flat.

MVC-138S.jpg

i have a MK4 with 256 cams and all the breather mods. it's a fun little car and the VR6 sounds very unique.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
my car weighs about 3000 me in it......and my gearing is actually really good lol and i dont have topend horsepower either, i dont think you should talk bout somethin you dont know, like my car which for some odd reason pulls on everyother gti with stock turbo that i have raced ive beat stock ones and ones with everybolton and a few inbetween...youve never been in it or raced it and you dont have one and im sure you havent driven one, the gti is really quick up till 4th gear (110) then just dies (still pulling but not that hard)....the weight is not bad at all.....and the gears....are 3.90's i think...and im sure i have a LOT more torque than you....the focus motor is a lot like a honda motor

and the gt i pulled around 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cars (depending on the race, i got more heatsoaked towards the end) ran 14.1 at 101 so (with a passenger)...and a car is like half a mph so theres 101 with us being dead even and we werent ( im starting to sound like a ricer :bash: )

Last edited:

HalfTime

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
my car weighs about 3000 me in it......and my gearing is actually really good lol and i dont have topend horsepower either, i dont think you should talk bout somethin you dont know, like my car which for some odd reason pulls on everyother gti with stock turbo that i have raced ive beat stock ones and ones with everybolton and a few inbetween...youve never been in it or raced it and you dont have one and im sure you havent driven one, the gti is really quick up till 4th gear (110) then just dies (still pulling but not that hard)....the weight is not bad at all.....and the gears....are 3.90's i think...and im sure i have a LOT more torque than you....the focus motor is a lot like a honda motor

and the gt i pulled around 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cars (depending on the race, i got more heatsoaked towards the end) ran 14.1 at 101 so (with a passenger)...and a car is like half a mph so theres 101 with us being dead even and we werent ( im starting to sound like a ricer :bash: )

like I said, your a low 14 second car. And jfyi you little cocky bastard, a GTI is no rare car, my roomate had one for 2 years, just tradded it in for the R32. I have drivin them, and I HAVE raced them!!! The only thing that car has IS top end you lying shit stain! They got NOTHING down low, and don't start pulling to mid range. The stock turbo on those things is shit! You wanna try and punk me out your going to have to come up with something better son. I've bean around, I TOLD you what you were running. You're car is a pig, you may have beat a GT or two, or not, I don't care, anything can happen on the street. I was trying to be nice to you, you went to far **** face! You really think you have more torque then me budy? Stock for stock yea, my car was N/A 2.0, but it aint stock you fat bitch fuggin man ass eatin whore! My clutch is goen and I'll put money on it that my little Focus would still run you down in the 1/4. Pick you battles son, because this one, you will lose. Don't get all but hurt when somebody pulls a bull shit flag on your bull shit stories! You trap speed keeps changing, you times keep changing, are you sure you even have a GTi?

You ***king tool. Grow up or shut up, read and learn.

John and Renae

Established Member
I don't know why so many people work so hard to discount those who have done well with their smaller powerplants. I know there are plenty of trolls running around, but there are also a lot of people on here who have opted for a non v-8 powerplant and have put the time/money into their cars and have them running very respectable times. A VW golf/gti/jetta (or whatever) that is trapping in the 104 mph range is an impressive car. That does not happen on a fluke.

I myself am not a fan of the smaller engine cars, but you have to respect what they can do when in the hands of a competant hot-rodder. There are a lot of people who have done good work and deserve some respect...

Props on the race, you did well with a basically stock 5.0. Anytime you can beat a forced induction car with a N/A car you have done something pretty good...

Now, get a h/c/i combo together and start picking on some bigger fish...

DrZacharyus

Banned
ok you speak like a hypocrite....small turbo = no topend..."The stock turbo on those things is shit" like you said, meaning boost falls off fast WHICH MEANS NO TOPEND POWER! my clutch is gone also..how much torque did you put down on the dyno then torque monster

HalfTime

Established Member
299whp, and 258wtq. Call me what you want, but anyone who reads this whole thread will know the truth. Don't cry man. I tryed being nice, it didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread