My 76mm bb turbo 2001 Cobra build. Gonna be 1 of kind.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Hey svtp guys, I have my 2001 White Cobra that I decided to go to turbo with. The car previously had my Novi 2000 system on and ran fantastic for over a year. Though it was never beat on, my fuel wasnt enough to keep up with the power. The car made 550whp on a mustang dyno at the hp ranch at 4600rpm's. Thats the point where my twin 255 walbro's wernt enough. So dec last year I bought the Glenn's performance 1000hp sumped tank KIT. Always wanting to different I decided to ditch the Novi 2000 system for a single 76 ball bearing kit. Turbo is a ITS turbo. Got the kit in january and decided to get to work. The Original plan was to swap power adders and fuel system and run it . BUT ,,, As you will see, the car has been completely overhauled. And Im extremely excited to hear your thoughts.
(kept the stock k-member) =) rare

Here is my list of upgrades n such :

-2001 White
-d.s.s level 20 race prepped 4.6 block
-Stock heads
-mishimoto radiator
-accufab duel throttle body
-Aeromotive fuel rails
-complete return style fuel system, with sumped tank 6 feed , and 8 return
-Complete Turbo System, I.T.S 76mm turbo, dual ball bearing, 3in fmic, 44mm tial wg
-60lb injectors
-pmas and lightening maff's, with mafia adjuster
-SCT tuner
-rear mounted Snow Performance stage 2 methanol Injection
-co2 inside a nos bottle for a intercooler halo ring.
-greddy spec -v Boost controller
-open cutout switch inside car :)
- flowmaster exhaust. no cats
- all white faced guages , fuel press, boost, water temp
-innovative lc1 wideband
-centerforce level 3 clutch
-battery remounted in trunk
-full wire tuck, engine bay shaved :) :)
-rims , lip painted white to match car. :)

Im sure there are a few things missing, but those are my main upgrades . The car wont be just another turbo Cobra now. Hoping to make a magazine now =p

Just a few things left and it should be ready to get tuned

Im so stoked. Hoping to make mid 700's on regular gas, then race gas 900whp.

wish me Luck

Id like to thank RPM motorsports in Renton Wa for beautiful work on the engine bay.

1332522281.jpg

1332577248.jpg

1332522181.jpg

I split some vacuum line and glued it around the edges. looks great !
1332395308.jpg

more pictures coming

Last edited:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Nice... but im just confused at why your pumps were maxed at 550 with two 255's

hey the reason why the twin intake 255's maxedout is because the fuel lines from the tank to the motor.they were factory. they were still stock at the time of the tune. Would have kept them but glenns performance didn't offer "half " kits. so i just sold the twins after buying the complete kit.
any idea how i can post more pics for you guys. just sends the photobucket link

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nice build man, but I don't think you're going to make mid 700's on pump 91 octane.. You are running meth so maybe you will. You're going to need more injector either way though. 60's won't getcha there :beer: Also what are you doing for a transmission?

Also you posted a -6 feed and -8return?? You mean the opposite right?

Last edited:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
thanks man . SEXY saleen you have.
I agree that the 60's might not get me to 900whp. though Ive read up lots that 60's will push 800whp. so if anything ill just tune on pump and meth next week and hope for mid 700's. :)

The transmission to my belief is stock. So wish me luck ! Feels great and Im making a freeway killer. Dont think Ill be slamming gears to hard, ever.

the way my fuel lines are set up is, two -6's from the twin pumps to each rail, then they both go to the regulator , then -8 return to the tank.
its not a single -6

any help with posting pics for ya'll ?!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thank's for the compliment man, 60's def won't get you there buddy.. Also that stock transmission isn't going to last even doing highway pulls. My car doing hwy pulls didn't even last 3months with 550rwhp.. So just be prepared to go ahead and buy a new one bud. As for your fuel system, I wouldn't do it that was at all. Those are small feel lines for the power you are looking for. I would do the twin pumps to a single -8 to -10 feed up to the engine bay then break off into 2 -8's to each rail, then -8's off the rails to the regulator and then either a -6 or -8 return depending on how big your feed line is..

Running two separate feed lines I've never heard of. What if 1 pump is flowing less than the other at one point?

Last edited:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
oh sorry, correction. two -6 feed lines. And -6 return line. only -8 is from the tank to the twin 340 walbros.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Still why the heck would you run 2 feed lines.. Why wouldn't you just Y it back to a -8 after the pump for a -8 feed. Probably would have saved you a good chunk of money too lol!

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Well I guess we will see my man. Pray for the tranny. I think it will hold for a while. .. lol

The fuel system, Im confident it will do what it was designed for. Glenn has been very nice in helping.me figure everything out. My fuel system should be very efficient i believe. like bigger injectors. but ill wait and see what i max these out at. get this baby running.

honestly. just wanna drive my daily again !! :)

20120316_211707.jpg

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
before overhaul
novi 2k , always breaking belts !

1332522536.jpg

the front end and rear end before .
1332576297.jpg

1332576392.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Nice looking car. The 60's should take you into the high 600's at least. The 60's take blower guys into the mid 600's and a turbo car doesn't need as much fuel system.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
thanks slo98, ya that's what i thought about injectors. I have seen 750whp from a turbo cobra with 60's . hopefully i come across some this week.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Why go all out and short change yourself with the injector? Get the 80's and don't risk running out of fuel again.

Users who are viewing this thread