My 5.0L Boss block with 2.9 Whipple build

eaglesnick

Established Member
Also a pic of the strut tower brace modified, but not powder coated yet:

IMG_0084_zps36bf0bef.jpg

IMG_0085_zps8f105d58.jpg

eaglesnick

Established Member
Well, I picked her up today and I can honestly say I really did miss her. Have to go easy on her for a little bit to break in the clutch, but I am extremely happy. Wanted to thank both Dwayne and Mike at Big Daddy Performance for putting up with me during the build. As well as all the vendors who provide the great parts for our now aging vehicles. Want to thank Stifflers, Lethal, True Forged and Full Tilt Boogie for their great products and support.

IMG_0125_zps7460693a.jpg

IMG_0126_zpsd758b22a.jpg

IMG_0127_zps6d2608c8.jpg

IMG_0130_zps381c8207.jpg

IMG_0132_zpsaa30175a.jpg

Last edited:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Great results! Very similiar to mine with a little less boost. I have virtually the same build but with 284ci. Congrats!!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Good looking ride and great numbers for such low boost. Do you plan to crank up the boost and take it back to the dyno?

eaglesnick

Established Member
Good looking ride and great numbers for such low boost. Do you plan to crank up the boost and take it back to the dyno?

No, I don't plan on upping the boost. I am happy with the power it's making and doing it without breaking a sweat. My plan from the beginning was to overbuild it and tune/set it up to be around 700rwhp being as conservative as possible for the sake of engine longevity.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
No, I don't plan in upping the boost. I am happy with the power it's making and doing it without breaking a sweat. My plan from the beginning was to overbuild it and tune/set it up to be around 700rwhp being as conservative as pissible for the sake of engine longevity.

You definitely did the build right. Those valve covers and your coolant tanks look great. Maybe you posted this and I missed it but where did you get those COP covers? Since you arent going to up the boost you have to get that thing out on the strip!!

eaglesnick

Established Member
You definitely did the build right. Those valve covers and your coolant tanks look great. Maybe you posted this and I missed it but where did you get those COP covers? Since you arent going to up the boost you have to get that thing out on the strip!!

You can get the COP covers here:

BPS Terminator Coil Covers SAT - Billet Pro Shop

As for taking the car to the track, I don't think it will pass tech inspection since I don't have a cage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread